No announcement yet.

Luna Fusion Crusher 2 info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are the reviews? Can't seem to find any. Didn't these bikes ship within 3 days of ordering?

Steve

Comment

i had an issue in declaring which battery i wanted that wasn't in my original order. that was done on the 30th. so i'm hoping that i'll get a shipping confirmation out by around tuesday next week if we don't count the holiday. so with shipping time setup and time to test it might be a week or two to get the initial reaction.

Comment

Shipping confirmed today!! whooop!!!!

Comment

Fedex was holding it at their facility due to some mix up but i got the bike today!!! wohoo. the tinkering begins. will have to get a pump that can work with the shocks. but went ahead and took it for a spin anyway. initial impressions......great! the throttle power comes on pretty hard. you can feel a "hit" as it accelerates. nice to have some power. the geometry of the bike feels a bit laid back. will see if changing the seat lets me sit forward a bit more. overall i'm liking it very much.

Comment

I had a great weekend riding my new Crusher 2. Overall my first order from Luna Cycles went very well. After traveling cross country with FedEx, the bike only suffered one broken zip-tie. The Anthem3 is a very smooth and I'm glad to have opted for the ludicrous upgrade. Only used pedal assist up to 5 (9 max) and that was plenty. The thumb throttle is very aggressive. Probably more aggressive than necessary on smooth roads, but great for those that want to jump stumps. The saddle is rather stuff and that will probably be my first upgrade.

Comment

Matman, awesome to hear you are enjoying your Luna Crusher 2! the thumb throttle is very sensitive. i find that with practice i can really ease into the power so it doesn't do that hard hit.

went for another ride to test out the air shock adjustments. this bike is so much FUN! it has fulfilled the promise of what an ebike should be (that i had in my imagination) . i'm loving the ride, this bike is lighter than the last ebike i rode and the comfort is just perfect(with adjustments of course) . noticed i've gone about 12 miles and the battery meter still pegged at 100%. it's looking good. i've gone into the settings and set it to have 9 increments instead of 5 and also noticed the wheel size setting set to 26. should't it be 27? more to come.

Comment

ok. some good stuff but some hiccups as well.
                i was riding around happy giddy delirious with joy as the bike has power to spare and the battery level seems invincible.

but the battery level was lying to me as i found out as the bike suddenly cut out completely while i was riding. 14 miles in give or take a few.

working with Luna and checking forums to see if there is a problem and generally seeking knowledge.

doing some digging into other peoples posts and getting some direction from Luna support i turn to the forums to see if i can do some learning.

i'm told by support the percentage readings in the display are untrustworthy. no real reason given but i'll take their word for it.

i find out from digging through others troubleshooting discussions that the display may not be set to the correct voltage thus giving a false high reading when in reality you are bone dry. i find that the display unit can be set to 36/42 and 48 volts.

then i realize this particular display (paired with this bike) isn't rated/designed to work with a 52v battery AT ALL. ok that must be why support said looking at Voltage was more reliable than the percentage meter because it's always going to be pegged high as this unit is not designed to read a 52v battery in that way. ok good to know.

i guess i'm learning as i go. it would have been good to know some of this before hand and not have it cut out on me in the middle of a ride. not regretting the purchase. it's still a great bike that i'm getting to know
                it would be great to tell people this in a review or on product page just to be helpful for the sake of buyers knowing up front what to look out for.

anyone getting this bike should set the display to track voltage levels right away and track those levels to gage range.

Comment

just want to clarify that i was leaning on that throttle hence the 14 - 16 mile range. heh.

Comment

That's a good point, thanks for the feedback.

We could do an introductory knowledge base post for new Luna ebike owners covering this sort of thing if you think it would help.

Comment

Yes an introductory knowledge base sound like it would be extremely helpful. My Crusher arrives tomorrow and I appreciate
                      everything Lord Binks has passed on but Paxana if there are such major points as the display is untrustworthy and not designed to work with the 52 volt battery that seems like crucial information that every buyer should know. Are there any other
                      of these knowledge points that are critical to know before someone else loses power 15 miles away or worse?
                      Thanks

Comment

• calfee20
                        calfee20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        All of that information is right here on the web site. You just need to poke around and dig it out. I did before I bought anything. I'm interested in the new DP-18 but I am waiting for a few more brave souls to test it out before I buy it.

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It's not that it's untrustworthy, it's just made for 48v. We know you guys want power so we usually build with as much power as possible, so the gauge is inaccurate, but these sort of gauges are always inaccurate regardless of display model from any supplier, because they are not programmable for the specific capacity of that pack like a dedicated high-end wattmeter would be (such as the batt-man we sell, which is able to be wired into the system if you wanted)
                        We are working on a prototype display that will likely have this functionality since it looks to be a popular request. It will be plug and play with your system.
                        We have gotten to work on the intro documentation and in the meantime I would recommend reading the main documentation articles linked to on the bike listing.
                        https://lunacycle.com/documentation

using the volt setting on the display is useful just have to know where top and bottom cut offs are. mine look to be around 58.4 at the top and 50 ish at the bottom so far.
                      i charged the battery for 9 hours which got it to 58.2 then plugged it in for another 8 hours which only brought it up to 58.4 so that seems to be where the top is.

Comment

• ykick
                        ykick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Another useful Voltage to note is under load. When a 52V battery sags to around 42V under load that's 3V/cell (14S) the BMS will be very close to cut-OFF from ODDV (over discharge detection voltage). If the pack is somewhat out of balance it may suffer cut-OFF around 43-45V or higher.

Once you remove throttle/load 52V pack voltage should spring back up to around the 48-50V range.

• Matman
                        Matman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have about 11 miles on my Crusher 2 and was wondering why the battery was still at 100%.* Now I know.

one thing i can't figure out for the life of me is there is a little tinging noise coming from the front shock/wheel area that i hear intermittently. usually when i speed up. sounds like a small wire sloshing inside a metal tube. does anyone know what this could be?

Comment

• Epyon
                        Epyon commented
                        Editing a comment
                        " sounds like a small wire sloshing inside a metal tube" That's exactly what it is, your spring. The stock spring should have a piece or two of shrink tube on it to dampen the noise. This could have come off, or if Luna changed to a heavier spring for the added weight, it might not have it at all. Or be installed upside down.

• LordBinks
                        LordBinks commented
                        Editing a comment
                        went to two bike shops and they only heard what they said was the disc brake rubbing against something. said it wasn't a big issue. on my recent ride i noticed that every time the noise happens if i pull on the left brake lever i can get the noise to go away until i let go then it comes back intermittently

Anyone notice what feels like torque steer when using the throttle? Kind of like hitting a small stone. Today, while off the bike I held the rear brake and blipped the throttle. The rear wheel/triangle twitches to the right as the chain loads up. I assume this is normal with a full suspension frame since there is some play in the rear triangle. Anyone else noticed this?

Still a very cool bike. I got it up to 35 mph on a slight downhill.

Comment

• ykick
                        ykick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I've felt and seen what you're describing. Not with Crusher 2 but other FS (full suspension) bikes. Particularly Ludicrous powered FS.

• calfee20
                        calfee20 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This can cause the bike to auto shift. Sheldon Brown has a piece on the problem. https://www.sheldonbrown.com/autoshift.html

Anyone know if the Luna Eclipse Chain Ring will fit on the Crusher 2? There isn't much clearance between the chain ring and chainstay.

Comment

• Matman
                        Matman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        paxtana, Looks like the Crusher 3 (Crusher 2 twin with better components) comes with the Lekkie 42.

• Matman
                        Matman commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I went ahead and upgraded to the Lekkie 42 chain ring. Offset is much better and it clears the frame by only 1/8". Like all things, one upgrade requires another. The cassette was changed to a Shimano 11-42T. Derailleur changed to Shimano XT long cage and finally a new KMC X10.93 chain. The final result is a smoother drivetrain with very direct shifts. Top speed on a slight downhill is in the upper 30's. Definitely saw 38mph, and maybe 39mph. The bike is crazy fast and I need to keep my eyes on the road at that speed.

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Great info to know Matman! I've started a spreadsheet on usable chainrings so hopefully we can start keeping track of this info for others :)

went riding with the display set to read voltage levels and noticed that when the battery is at 56/57v and pushing all the way down on the throttle you can make the voltage dip to 48/49v then when you let go it's back up to 56/57volts. question is will this trip the auto shut off when using the throttle this way? or will it just not give more power to prevent shut down? also how long does the battery need before you can turn it back on after an auto shut off? last time this happened to me i waited a couple hours. is there a way to set the time for turning back on after an auto shut off?
                      Last edited by LordBinks; 09-27-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

• ykick
                        ykick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What drive is this and is the battery pack balanced/conditioned?
                    Working...
                    X