No announcement yet.

Luna Fusion Crusher 2 info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gut says the throttle feels numb (no response) for the first 1/4 and last 1/4 of the travel. Researching BBSHD program articles revealed the default throttle program to be effective from 1.1 -3.5 volts out of the 0.0 - 4.2 volt range. I made the following "throttle Handle" program changes to smooth out the throttle while maintaining the full fury of the Ludicrous upgrade: Start Voltage (leave default 11), End Voltage (increase to 40), Mode (leave default Current), Designated Assist Level (leave default - 9), Speed Limit (leave default - By Display's Command), Start Current (%) (decrease to 2). Result is the throttle still starts at 1/4 travel, but is gentler and is easier is modulate since the throttle range is now increased.

Comment

• calfee20
      calfee20 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have the stock throttle that comes standard with the kit, the one ykick linked to, and both a left and a right half twist. IMO the half twist is the best of the lot.
      https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...tle-left-side/

• e-rod
      e-rod commented
      Editing a comment
      My luna right hand full grip throttle is just like yours. 1/4 turn dead, then it hits a bit hard. I have gotten used to it, but I will try this fix! Just ordered another bbshd and got the right hand 1/2 throttle coming. I hope it's good like Calfee20 says! Love the chrusher 2, but I am over it! I'm excited to build another one myself! Thanks! e-rod

• LordBinks
      LordBinks commented
      Editing a comment
      can the right half twist throttle work with the crusher 2? is it a lot of trouble routing to right side? or is left throttle better?

I needed to take the fusion battery off to use my top tube bike rack (on my car). Those zipties can be a PITA. Cut and replace.. I found a solution, Ziptie.com sells reusable zip ties. The down tube is large, so buy the 12" ziptie.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Sports...item465c6d4948 Matman, check this out, it may work for you. It works for mine. Happy Motoring e-rod

Comment

ride report. went for an afternoon ride for about 5 hours stop and go relaxed mode. distance 22 miles. battery at max when heading out. 58.6 on the charger. went over 80% relatively smooth terrain and 20% hills. lots of stop and go. returning battery level at 54 ish. throttle was dipping into the 49 range which made me not want to push it at the end of the ride. just used the assist mostly.
        all in all it was a nice ride! contemplating getting the mini charger to take along with me in the future.

stopped for breaks and rest so about 3-3.5hr ride time is my guess

also hoping to be able to buy an extra one of the magpro connectors as well

some good info on this page re: fusion batteries for the bikes

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ng-adaptor-use
        Last edited by LordBinks; 10-07-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

noticed my charger light turns green and shuts off when battery reaches 58.6 . not the stated 58.8 anyone know why?

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you have the latest charger with current readout on display

• ykick
            ykick commented
            Editing a comment
            Charger merely shuts down and the cell voltages relax a bit. Normal behavior in my experience.

In fact my pack drops to around 58.2-58.4V but I still enjoy more than published capacity when tested from HVC-LVC. Usually around 13.8Ah and this pack has seen numerous cycles and over 6 months old.

Now if you have one dropping down into the mid 57V's, might be time to make certain it's balanced? Leave it on a seemingly finished charge for 8-12 hours.

• LordBinks
            LordBinks commented
            Editing a comment
            charger has voltage reading with a "V". and below that another set of numbers followed by "A"
            wnen not hooked up to battery the charger reads 58.9V

Originally posted by LordBinks View Post
          noticed my charger light turns green and shuts off when battery reaches 58.6 . not the stated 58.8 anyone know why?
          I would probably leave it alone but...........http://electricbike.com/forum/forum/...i-and-advanced

Comment

I agree on leaving it alone if it's that close but since you have the latest advanced (the V is voltage, the A is amps aka current) if you wanted to you could tinker with it.
            Likely the charger is cutting at a slightly higher level of current than you want so it's not topping up that last one percent or so.
            There's a dial (potentiometer) in the charger you can adjust with a screwdriver to perfect it. Great thing about this revision is you can see what current it is cutting at by looking at the number next to the "A". Immediately before the charger turns off its charge cycle and it stops, this number should be very low, if not you can dial it down a bit more.

Comment

• LordBinks
              LordBinks commented
              Editing a comment
              that looks rather complicated

regarding the tinging/clinking noise:

brought to a couple shops for the noise but they were regular bike shops so they wouldn't turn the motor on and they heard nothing.

after riding some more i noticed it only happens when motor is on under load. usually on uphills or maybe also on flats if i'm really pushing the speed. always cuts out when in squeeze the brakes (which cuts out motor) still. trying to get to the bottom of this.

i'm going to try to get it recorded somehow and post on this forum. don't know how i'm going to do that though.

Comment

hearing another noise intermittently is the rear shock when it is under load. makes a creaky sound. anyone know what to do?

Comment

• paxtana
                paxtana commented
                Editing a comment
                Could be bushings at the picture point needing a dab of grease, or some other spot that could use a bit of lubrication. Likely your local bike shop can take care of it if it's bothering you, this part is just regular bicycle components. ..and if they say they can't, maybe try a more competent bike shop.

Try it at full throttle and keep it at full throttle you'll see what I mean. Once the bike hits it's max speed and starts cruising at that speed still with the full throttle depressed it is no longer pulling so many amps so the amp reading goes back up

Comment

Originally posted by LordBinks View Post
                hearing another noise intermittently is the rear shock when it is under load. makes a creaky sound. anyone know what to do?
                Bushings and bearings wear out when loaded in the same direction repeatedly, you shouldn't lube the DU bushing at the shock eyelets if it is those, they're cheap and easy to replace, you can get them at Graingers or a bike shop.

Comment

• LordBinks
                  LordBinks commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i hope it isn't worn out yet. only about 50 miles on the bike

• paxtana
                  paxtana commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have had this with various new bikes and scooters I have owned at the point where there's shocks, springs and stuff like that. At or near shock, bushings, suspension seatposts and suspension seats. As long as I can get 3-in-1 oil in the right spot it goes away immediately and never comes back. I'm usually fairly slapdash and just cover anything that's a moving part with it, if that doesn't work I just use more. Obviously this does not apply to brakes or chains but everything else is fair game. It may not be what some would call the proper method of dealing with it but it's always been effective.

Picking up an old thread to try to get some information. I'm trying to see if anyone on this thread has a crusher with a *small* frame. I'm looking at a small anthem to transfer by BBS02 and 13.5 Mah battery to, but I'm not sure if the battery will fit in the frame. The new Luna bikes are built on the stance, which seems to have similar geometry, and they don't offer a small, which seems telling.

Comment

If you get a wolf it is possible you can mount on the underside, since wolf is shorter than is typical for hardcase packs and can be affixed directly with cable ties. May depend on the rake though. See our stance 2 for an example.

Comment

Paxtana, will the Anthem frames accommodate a Blekkie 52t Bling Ring? I have a couple spacers in my toolbox. 100mm motor, of course

Comment

• paxtana
                      paxtana commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't know but we have chainring offsets listed. Take the offset of whatever ring you have, add the offset of the one you want, and see if you can go that further inbound. If not then you might need a chainring spacer.
                  Working...
                  X