• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna Roam Fusion

LunaCycles is killin' it!
    https://lunacycle.com/roam-fusion/

are you kidding me!! 100 mile range?
    Last edited by LordBinks; 09-27-2017, 10:10 PM.

This seems awesome -- I'm seriously thinking about getting this bike. One question though: if I decide to get the ludicrous upgrade, can this battery/bike/BBSHD push 50W continuously or am I in danger of stripping the nylon gear? Will the controller self-limit the power if I drive it too hard or will I need to watch out for that?

Comment

• memberseven
      memberseven commented
      Editing a comment
      get it, it's awesome, I had the 2017 giant roam 2 with 25000w from them a while back, and just upgraded to the hard case 30ah battery, it really changes the ride, there's more power to pull but you should try not to push 50w continuously for prolonged periods.

I am Interested in this very same bike and I have the same this same question. Will I toast the controller or waste the nylon gear?
    I'll ride it off road and on road, Loaded and unloade. I'm 6'2" 2010 lbs.

Comment

• memberseven
      memberseven commented
      Editing a comment
      I ride it off and on road too, 6' 155lbs but i constantly have extra load on the rack, so far its been great for over 2000 miles. just gotta keep up the maintenance

What were your typical maintenance actions? And. . .

Will the frame handle wider tires? Say 1.9", or 2"

Comment

• memberseven
      memberseven commented
      Editing a comment
      if you are going for the ludicrous controller, keeping your chain lubed consistently, making sure all the bolts aren't loose every now and then, make sure the BBSHD lock nut is tightened every few hundred miles. And the frame can handle a max width of 2.25 I would say without rubbing, I run the schwalbe marathon almotion 2.15 on mine and i switched out the fork to a rockshox paragon

Besides tire air pressure and the obvious keeping nuts/bolts tight, the next thing on my list of eBike “maintenance” is the chain. To lube or not to lube? If I do, I like the dry wax stuff.

But by far the most important thing is gauging the wear of a chain so that it can be replaced before it wrecks any cogs.

See here for more info - https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...80%A6?pp=43107

Comment

Working...
    X