Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis420
    commented on 's reply
    I have that problem with my new sur ron what was the problem? Was it your battery or the controller?

• timcking
    replied
    I've had my Sur-Ron now for about a week. It's impressive. I can go up any dirt incline with sufficient traction. Based on the rides I've been on, my estimates are a range of about 40 miles on level pavement. The design and quality are excellent. It's a lot of fun.

Leave a comment:

• Orca3012
    replied
    Hi I was wondering if any of you had a problem with the bike being turned on and then the display blinks 8 times and just turns off?

Leave a comment:

• Toochelly
    commented on 's reply
    I cut the green wire and the sur-run was only cappable of going 7mph. Has anyone ever added a resistor like a 50k ohm to this wire to see if controls max speed?

Ok so i want to order another Sur-run for my wife, but first the max speed has to be addressed in order to be legal on arizona bike paths (20mph max in econ mode.)

Will the addition of the pedal kit and a paticular sized rear sprocket get me to a max of 20 mph in econ mode? If so what would be the set up?

• Toochelly
    commented on 's reply
    I cut the green wire and the sur-run was only cappable of going 7mph. Has anyone ever added a resistor like a 50k ohm to this wire to see if controls max speed?

Ok so i want to order another Sur-run for my wife, but first the max speed has to be addressed in order to be legal on arizona bike paths (20mph max in econ mode.)

Will the addition of the pedal kit and a paticular sized rear sprocket get me to a max of 20 mph in econ mode? If so what would be the set up?

• Markk
    replied
    I have updated my post to include how to bleed the Sur Ron brakes:

Leave a comment:

• crowm
    replied
    Class 1 bike pedal assist class 2 and 3 bikes per jerry brown january 1 2018 20 class two allowed everywhere bike paths trails street etc no dl class 3 28 mph no trails or bike paths bs let those who ride decide get used to haters be respectful of hikers horses and jackasses and especially people driving and texting if it don't have umph they will run you over light bee has umph watch u tube have escape routes stay away from vehicles leave fast dont get behind cars trucks etc;have 2 escape route when you ride on two wheels 2 escape routes and vigilant and focused you will have too save yourself aggressive is better actually the weight difference and attitude of cages put the responsibility on you everyday all day and night don't be complacent or not in the zone take off first in sport get your lane mirror and know that its on you period you have vision and reaction time advantage keep your bike maintained check brakes equipment get seat time Be about it have fun but realize what you are up against lots of weight momentum and stupidity

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    commented on 's reply
    Helicoils will create a better stronger thread than the original.... by far...

A torque wrench will prevent...

• johnt7303
    replied
    Hi, I received my bike two days ago. Everything went great for the most part. I followed luna's excilent unboxing and assembly video.. However, two things went wrong.
    ​​​​​​
    1st There's a part in the video that warns you not to over tighten you screws when putting the handle bars on. Well, I was adjusting over and over to get it just right and I stripped one. Not severely,. I can get it out, but I can't tighten it anymore. Just spins.

Any advise to fix this?

2nd This is a heads up for everyone. My rear tire is flat. I did not notice this right away. I noticed immediately on my first ride. I don't think it came this way. I'm not 100 percent sure but I think what happened was the valve stem nut was tight against the rim and as soon as I throttled it ripped the tube open at the base of the valve stem.

Still waiting on a response / resalution.
    Meanwhile, I really want to ride so I overnighted a tube.

*update* it wasn't the valve nut at all. In fact the hole was opposite side of the tube from the valve. Turns out it was just a regular old defect. Just a tiny pin prick hole in the tube. Probably manufacturer defect.

Luna has offered to reemberse me for tube and tools etc.
    Last edited by johnt7303; 08-10-2018, 06:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crowm
    replied
    Why would you register a Sur Ron as a “”””” moped killgame it’s a class 2 ebike throttle allows all access per jerrybrown 1/1 18 seriously why?

Leave a comment:

• scrambler
    replied
    Thank you so much for that.
    Who knew it would be that simple.
    Have you tried to get your insurance to insure it, and if so how did that go?

Leave a comment:

• Markk
    replied
    Thank you. I have written a review of the Fisher Fabhouse Ultra 3200 lumen headlight for the Sur Ron.
    While visiting Luna Cycle I contacted Josh from FFH to see if I could pick up one of his lights while I was in the LA area. He was kind enough to drop it off

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Wow awesome review. Lot of useful info here like compatible fenders and the pics are great

• Markk
    replied
    I have written my review of the Sur Ron and Luna Cycle on my blog

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    These guys: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products...Sport-Kits.asp make kits for converting dirt motos to street legal and I know many folks that have done that here in AZ... you all might be able to adapt something from them easily.... or not... You'd almost certainly need a 12V converter but that seems a natural to me for a bike like this...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X