ludicrous option how to test?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ludicrous option how to test?

hope someone can provide some insight into this. i have a luna crusher 2 with the ludicrous option. the display it seems isn't rated to accurately (or even inaccurately) measure wattage. so how do i even know if i have the custom ludicrous setup?
    i've had the bike over a year now and honestly cannot figure it out.

Is it pulling a maximum of 25 amps/1250 watts? If so, you can double that value in your head (which is how the Ludicrous works) and it works out to 2500watts, 50 amps.

If you're doing the full 1300 watts x 30 amps, It's likely the stock settings.

Comment

If you truly want an accurate measure you need to add anything else in-line between the controller and battery. Like a wattmeter, or batt-man etc. What the display is reporting is not accurate because we trick the controller to double output while still reporting same power as normal, which the controller in turn reports to display. So as my colleague stated, in essence you do want to double whatever you see for accurate representation (or add whatever aftermarket meter if you don't believe us)

Comment

the doubling of the wattage report on the display doesn't actually work as the display only reads up to 750watts. am i doing something wrong here? is there a setting to switch it to 1250?
        i was looking at the new luna 500c display for the bbshd. will this work in showing the correct wattage?
        also i just want to make clear that i just want to be able to see the readings because i feel its a feature that is included b but i never see representation of it and it is something i would love. not because i don't believe lunacycles.
        i'm enjoying the bike very much.
        Last edited by LordBinks; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          How are you gauging the 750w? Is that under full load or just casual riding? You can try getting a programming cable to make sure if you want but outside of that, the only other way to tell is to get a watt meter and measure your load with it. Also, you'll never be able to see the full 2500watts on the display. That's just simply how the controller operates. It's a hack/modification and not a feature.

the 750 watt comes from the luna color display that came with the bike. thats the max reading.

what i would like to know is would the new improved luna 500c display show the correct wattage range or is the Battman
        still the better option.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
          HIGHVOLTAGE commented
          Editing a comment
          The max reading under full load? (going uphill) or just a regular load (flat ground at 30km/h) If you double your value, it comes out to 1500watts, which is fairly close to the regular hot rod settings. Did you maybe request your bike to be programmed for street legal settings when you got it?

In any case, you can pick up a programming cable and adjust it.

https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p...ramming-cable/

Probably good to have anyways.

Anything that communicates directly with the controller is going to report the wrong output, because the controller itself is fed false information from the hardware modification, that's how we trick it into doubling the peak output.

Anything that wires up to the discharge wires as opposed to the harness will report accurately because it is not depending on the controller for the data, it is measuring the power usage directly.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post

Anything that wires up to the discharge wires as opposed to the harness will report accurately because it is not depending on the controller for the data, it is measuring the power usage directly.
          thanks for your help Paxtana, i hope to gain some knowledge.

so how would this be done? please explain like i know nothing, which is the case.

is there something that you sell at lunacycles that would allow me to achieve this?
          Last edited by LordBinks; 4 days ago.

Comment

https://lunacycle.com/batteries/gaug...le-watt-meter/

Just plug it inline in the discharge wiring

Comment

Working...
            X