Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enduro X-1 Product Questions

Hey Luna,

I'm very excited about your new x1 bike but I have a few questions before buying one. Could you please help answer these questions?

1. What size should I get if I'm 5'11" with a 30" inseam?
    2. Can the bike be charged with the battery in the bike?
    3. Do non-ludicrous bikes have thermal safety limits or derate power to protect the drive?
    4. Is this a class 3 bike?
    5. Does the bike cut assist at 20, 28, or some other speed (mph)?
    6. Does ludicrous mode offer anything besides more power?

Overall I'm looking for a good ebike that can handle my 16 mile one way commute and keep it's speed around 25 mph with my assistant as a majority use case. Of course weekend expeditions on trails are in order as well. :) Thanks in advance for the help

Luna

is there any customization options ??
    i.e. battery, rohloff ... etc...
    or it's out of box as is ??

is the battery Luna's ???

Comment

Purchased one of these. Been dreaming about an eMTB for a while. Traveling around with the military couldn't devote a lot of time / kit / material to build myself. This one inspired me. Still a stretch but really happy I made the order. Sprang for the Ludicrous option. I wont put goofy crap on it. Promise. Well. maybe a Garmin.

Comment

Originally posted by loechner View Post
        Luna

is there any customization options ??
        i.e. battery, rohloff ... etc...
        or it's out of box as is ??

is the battery Luna's ???
        When checking out I saw a choice of 4 frame sizes. and 3 drive setups Geriatric? Normal 750 w/ Throttle and the Ludicrous 2000 with no throttle. I imagine a throttle could be added after but likely saving me from myself just getting started.

Also the option to get a 3200 Lumin light. Hope I can add that aftermarket. without splicing wires. Just traided cost for the Ludicrous drive vs the light up-front. Might call to see if I can change my order to have it included if its a pain.

Not sure what else you could add. Seems comprehensive.

Comment

As far as frame size, I asked waynebergman over at ES who built his own using this frame and he recommended the 17.5", even for someone like me who is 6' 0". More on Wayne's build here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/vi...p?f=28&t=96461

BTW, just ordered one. Been salivating over this frame / motor ever since I saw wayne's build. Many thanks to lunacycle for stepping up to the plate.

Edit:. In hindsight should have gone with a large. 17.5 was a little small for me.
          Last edited by tomdav; 02-26-2020, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks tomdav. That helps on frame sizing but would also like confirmation on the max speed. It would be pretty lame for a 750w+ ebike to top out at 20 mph. Any idea on how to get Luna support to see this thread?

Comment

No idea. I would just email Luna and ask them. I wouldn't be concerned about being limited to 20 mph (unless you order granny mode). I'd be very surprised if the standard configuration was limited to 20 mph.

Comment

BTW, price seems to be inching up as they fulfill orders. Yesterday when I ordered the price was $3450. Tonight I see it's up to $3550. Older text in the description yesterday indicated it was closer to $3300 originally. So I would order now and ask questions later.

Comment

Originally posted by tomdav View Post
                  No idea. I would just email Luna and ask them. I wouldn't be concerned about being limited to 20 mph (unless you order granny mode). I'd be very surprised if the standard configuration was limited to 20 mph.
                  Agreed: Dont see how it would be governed really. If its advertising 2000w that is exactly what it is.

From the product page; "Ludicrous bike will have a 1-10 dial you will turn with a screwdriver, which will allow you to change the bike from street legal mode (600 watts) all the way up to 2000 watts (Ludicrous Mode) peak"

Comment

I ordered this bike last week - looks great and very much looks like what I was after. I too am 6' 0" but ordered a large frame. I am curious what the advantage would be to go for a medium size frame?

Also, I ordered this in "Ludicrous Mode". Can anyone help me understand the key difference between this and "standard" (other than the throttle of course)? Is this simply more power for hills, or does this potentially translate into more spreed (ideally I am looking to be able to reach 35mph, 40mph would be even better...

Comment

It's been a couple weeks now and I'm looking for any new info on the X1 Enduro. Heard through the chat option on the lunacycle website that the top speed assist for standard option will be between 25 and 30 mph. And that the Enduro will be shipping in August instead of late July and that it will be available to order again "late summer". Also, they said they had "hundreds" of orders in the first few days for the X-1. They aren't sure what the brand of the wheels will be and if they will be "tubeless ready", but you could use gorilla tape if not.

Comment

Question for LUNA regarding the use of a throttle on a the new X1 and most mid drive bikes with throttle:

When throttling without any leg input, do the pedals and chain ring spin to drive the rear cassette, if this is the case then the pedals and chain ring are mated to the same shaft?

or does it have ratcheting mechanism where the chain ring can drive the rear cassette without pedal movement?

Thanks
                        Rob
                        Last edited by zj4041; 07-23-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• zj4041
                          zj4041 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Awesome thanks man!.. wasn't sure because I am coming off a Haibike with pedal assist (where crank and axle are attached) and I've only tried throttle on a rear hub motor.. ..but as a dirtbike rider... i know that the throttle saves you when needed on those sketchy areas and the pedal gets in the way some times on those rocky beds....

I dont know you... but I hope your right.. anyone feel free to confirm

• ncmired
                          ncmired commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "I dont know you" - an understandable concern. Here's some videos on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJprf9J5hDQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GevN_TczlYw

Here's the clutch part that allows for the chain ring to spin and the pedals to stay stationary:

https://lunacycle.com/parts/bafang-p.../bbshd-clutch/

• bl2000watts
                          bl2000watts commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes just took delivery of mine and throttle without pedalling. Beautiful bike! Sitting in the living room - very nice integration of battery and motor.

Unboxing the Ludicrous X1 and a sound comparison with an Ultra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7-VXKLkwZ0&lc

Comment

Hey,

The bike looks great, and I'm very excited about it.

When you choose the computer settings 1 to 5 steps, how far can I get with step 2 and how far do i get with step 5 on a straight street with the 2000 watt lubricant.

How good is it in general with distances?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
                          Andi

Comment

Originally posted by gex_the_rex View Post
                            Hey,

The bike looks great, and I'm very excited about it.

When you choose the computer settings 1 to 5 steps, how far can I get with step 2 and how far do i get with step 5 on a straight street with the 2000 watt lubricant.

How good is it in general with distances?

Thank you very much.

Regards,
                            Andi
                            2000 watt Lubricant? (i think I know what you mean) play around with the display it will tell you estimate mileage at various settings.

Comment

Working...
                            X