Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have an X1 Enduro Luna bike, what's your opinion on it? How do you like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if there is a manual for torque specs on all the bolts on the bike? That would be most helpful, as I know that Carbon requires more caution than Al framed bikes.
    I would like to give the bike the once over (with blue loctite) and all bolts torqued to spec.
    I would be most appreciative of the help...

Comment

I also have an X1 coming in August and this is good info.......I am definitely going to loctite everything I can get too

Comment

There wasnt a manual but most of the significant bolts have it directly labelled onto them! The bike takes a mix of hex and torx in all sorts of sizes :P

Loctite and torque everything and double check nothing is sticking out before and after rides.

Regarding the replacements parts: I wouldnt wait for Luna - I ordered them directly from DengFu in China and it arrived today. Just had to show the pictures of exactly what I needed, about $10 per bolt and nut pair. $50 shipping and arrived within 2 days! Super professional and happy with them!
        Not got any info from Luna how and when they might send me the parts they promised. I wonder if they have to wait to stock them? I'll report back when they come through.

As my Luna wasnt ride ready and I had two other friends rent e-bikes, I went ahead and rented a Levo Turbo Expert.
        Bottom line: It is definitely the better bike (more refined, more dialed in, I was 10% faster doing everything on my usual trails up and down without realising it). I ride enduro style stuff here in Santa Cruz. BUT the bike is not $3k better. Friends rented the Comp level version (one under expert), I'd also say it is also the better bike but also not worth the $2k more.

I am very happy with my Luna, outstanding value and rides well. At least not when it is in my garage:P

Regarding the crank: I rode mine without my crank cover - I didnt even know there was a cover. I guess it fell off the first time I rode the bike. Just make sure the crank doesnt slide off.
        Last edited by UltiCOW; 07-17-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

what do you think about coil shock on the back and double crown fork on the front ?
          can this luna x1 handle that much stress ?
          It would nice to find / build cross country - downhill capable machine with electric assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by x111 View Post
            what do you think about coil shock on the back and double crown fork on the front ?
            can this luna x1 handle that much stress ?
            It would nice to find / build cross country - downhill capable machine with electric assistant.
            I actually really like the forks on this bike, im not sending it, but I do hit the occasional table.
            I upgraded to coil shock first thing. Might be the best upgrade on the bike. Such a difference.

This bike needs 155mm cranks, 160 maximum.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by UltiCOW View Post
              [*]The cranks! The cover on them fell off mine while riding and is now gone. Now my crank attempts to fall out all the time, I keep an eye on it. Luna mentioned they might send me a new one when they have some spares. Awesome!
              Same thing happened to me! Did Luna ever get you a new one? Do you have the part number so I can order one (or three)?

Comment

Originally posted by kleet View Post

Same thing happened to me! Did Luna ever get you a new one? Do you have the part number so I can order one (or three)?
                Y'all are talking about these? If so, the same thing happened to me this weekend, even though I'd tightened them down after my last ride. Crank arm fell off mid-ride.

DH
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dhartst View Post

Y'all are talking about these? If so, the same thing happened to me this weekend, even though I'd tightened them down after my last ride. Crank arm fell off mid-ride.

DH
                  Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Same side of the crank, too. I'm starting to think it's not just coincidence.

Comment

Nope! Might be able to find something on AliExpress tho.

Exactly :P Mine also fell of mid ride. My pedal does strike every now and then (even with suspension set up properly) - maybe that has something to do with it? But then we all lose the same side too. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by UltiCOW View Post
                      Nope! Might be able to find something on AliExpress tho.
                      I found it on AliExpress, cheap ($1.21), but delivery is not until mid-September. Also found on Amazon from tons of sellers at around $9-$15, but same story - delivery dates ranging from late August until October. No thanks. eBay had one for $10, and I should have next week.

Comment

Man this is great info...when I get my X1 in August, a lot of these bolts are getting loctite and some may get Red!

Comment

I found it on AliExpress, cheap ($1.21), but delivery is not until mid-September. Also found on Amazon from tons of sellers at around $9-$15, but same story - delivery dates ranging from late August until October. No thanks. eBay had one for $10, and I should have next week.
                          Hey, that's great. What's the ebay link? I've been looking around and not sure what's right. I also emailed Luna to see about a replacement.

Comment

Hey, that's great. What's the ebay link? I've been looking around and not sure what's right. I also emailed Luna to see about a replacement.
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/174012213841 Fingers crossed it's the right one. If anyone knows different, please let me know! Make sure it's the M15.
                            Last edited by kleet; 07-27-2020, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks kleet

I ordered from the same link, though I don't have high hopes it'll actually work. I wrote to Luna Sunday afternoon about sending out a replacement but haven't heard anything back yet.

Comment

• phatty
                                phatty commented
                                Editing a comment
                                make sure you guys update us if these fit!

• dhartst
                                dhartst commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It does not fit. It only wants to turn a couple of revolutions and to the eye it's too long as well. Don't want to force it. Luna's sending me a replacement and I also ordered the steel bolts on Amazon referenced later in this thread.

• dhartst
                                dhartst commented
                                Editing a comment
                                It does not fit. It only wants to turn a couple of revolutions and to the eye it's too long as well. Don't want to force it. Luna's sending me a replacement and I also ordered the steel bolts on Amazon referenced later in this thread.

Can someone explain to me how that cover would allow the crank arm to come off?
                              I get that you want the cover bolt, but there should be pinch bolts on the crank arms, are there not? The outside bolt is there to pull the cranks on to the spindle, and the pinch bolts should serve the purpose of cinching the crank arm to the spindle.
                              Is it possible that the pinch bolts were not checked?
                              Again, not pointing fingers, just trying to understand what is going on as my bike is supposed to arrive in a few weeks.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X