Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have an X1 Enduro Luna bike, what's your opinion on it? How do you like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mw195 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how that cover would allow the crank arm to come off?
    I get that you want the cover bolt, but there should be pinch bolts on the crank arms, are there not? The outside bolt is there to pull the cranks on to the spindle, and the pinch bolts should serve the purpose of cinching the crank arm to the spindle.
    Is it possible that the pinch bolts were not checked?
    Again, not pointing fingers, just trying to understand what is going on as my bike is supposed to arrive in a few weeks.
    Thanks
    Pinch bolts were definitely checked! It fell off again (without the cover, pinch bolts tightened down). Now I just keep an eye on it..

Good news: I just got word from Luna - they just shipped the replacement parts!

Cheers

Comment

So, the pinch bolts are just coming loose from riding? Did you run blue loctite?

Comment

Originally posted by mw195 View Post
        So, the pinch bolts are just coming loose from riding? Did you run blue loctite?
        I would like to know this as well....are the pinch bolts coming loose as you ride or is the crank arm just slipping off the crank even with the bolts tight? This is a very strange issue and has me concerned with my bike coming in a few weeks......

Comment

I'm guessing the cover bolt came off much earlier in the ride than the crank arm did and the arm slowly moved outward while riding. When I tried to put the crank arm back on, the pinch bolts were still fairly tight and needed to be loosened before the arm would easily fit all the way back on. I think it's obvious that the bolt cover is far more problematic.

I had tightened everything down just after my previous ride. At this point I'll be removing all and adding new loctite - while I wait to figure out how to get a new cover bolt.

For the record: I love the bike.
          Last edited by dhartst; 07-29-2020, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRFan250 View Post

I would like to know this as well....are the pinch bolts coming loose as you ride or is the crank arm just slipping off the crank even with the bolts tight? This is a very strange issue and has me concerned with my bike coming in a few weeks......
            I added loctite (admittedly hard to do because the bolt has to travel through a longer collar before reaching the thread) and it still fell off eventually (without the cap/cover).
            I then went apeshit, loctited the hell out of everything (including where the crank slides on), slightly over torqued everything and since then it has been rock solid. I might regret this later.

Comment

Originally posted by UltiCOW View Post

I added loctite (admittedly hard to do because the bolt has to travel through a longer collar before reaching the thread) and it still fell off eventually (without the cap/cover).
              I then went apeshit, loctited the hell out of everything (including where the crank slides on), slightly over torqued everything and since then it has been rock solid. I might regret this later.
              Yeah...Think I will do the same when I get mine.....even loctite on the splines. Nothing a little heat won't remedy if you need to get it off. This seems like a serious problem for a bike in this price range. I think I will use Red loctite in this area as well......not good.

Comment

I've had my x1 for about two months/400 miles now and like other ive lost the crank bolts. I replaced the crank bolts with steel ones off Amazon. That fixed the problem for me. Other then that it's been a great bike.
                Last edited by Mattw; 07-30-2020, 02:50 PM. Reason: Shit didnt make sense

Comment

Originally posted by Mattw View Post
                  I've had my x1 for about two months/400 miles now and like other ive lost the crank bolts. I replaced the crank bolts with steel ones off Amazon. That fixed the problem for me. Other then that it's been a great bike.
                  Wait...the crank bolts are aluminum? Hmmmm......it could be possible they are heating up and expanding.

Can you post a link to those bolts you bought?

Comment

• Mattw
                    Mattw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00288LQF0..._.kbjFb6NAXPCY

• dhartst
                    dhartst commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Mattw. I ordered these after some others on Ebay were a no go. We'll see if they arrive before Luna's replacement.

• eskachig
                    eskachig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those look like the old-fashioned high-torque bolts for cranks without pinch bolts.

But hey, if they work...

Thanks for the link! Ordered and I am going to change them first thing when I get my bike!
                  Last edited by CRFan250; 08-02-2020, 04:25 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't you know it? I held off on ordering the bolts as I was out of town the first week of August, and did not want a bunch of packages collecting dust on my porch with no-one home. Get back and go to place my order, and they are out of stock! Damn!
                    Those bolts look very short...do I need a particular length? I am thinking that I should look for more M15 bolts, but need to know the length I should get.
                    Any suggestions?
                    I am hoping that my bike will be coming in the next week or two (probably not, but I can hope).

I want to ride the bike before ordering parts that folks are suggesting, but I do have a sprocket on order, grips, and shopping Carbon rims (but not having the best of luck in that area as the Alieexpress site is difficult to navigate...I just want 34-35mm inside diameter, 27.5 rims....

Regards,

Comment

My bike is also sitting unused due to a lost M15 crank bolt. Has fallen off several times since I got the bike in June, but I've usually been able to find it. Lost it on a ride last week and don't want to to risk injuring myself without one. I've ordered the same one MattW did from Amazon. Hopefully that'll resolve the issue. Interested to hear from others who have been able to keep the bolts in place using enough loctite or some other solution.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up that they were back in stock. Just ordered mine (as backup) even though the bike has not yet shipped...

Comment

I used my bike fine without the crank cover on gnarly stuff no problem. At the beginning every few rides the crank would move out a tiny bit and I would move it back. After adding tons of loctite to everything it was rock solid:)

I think the occasional pedal strike might be loosening it up sometimes. I def hit them more frequently on this bike.
                          Really loving the bike now that I have it all dialed in though :)

Comment

So just saw these... order up before they are gone

https://lunacycle.com/luna-x1-enduro-short-crank-arms/

Comment

• NorCalWill
                              NorCalWill commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thank you for the link! I'm expecting my new X-1 in the next week, or so, after they complete the silent gear, and 2000w upgrades. Based on the feedback in this chat group, I've purchased the following in anticipation of receiving my new X-1
                              1: Crank caps from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00288LQF0..._.kbjFb6NAXPCY Thank you @Mattw
                              2: Short crank arms: https://lunacycle.com/luna-x1-enduro-short-crank-arms/ Thank you @Phatty!
                              3: Supply of blue and red loctite from Amazon.
                              4: Shopping for a new saddle... Any recommendations?
                              5: Is there anything more immediate that I should consider?

Thanks everyone for your contributions to this discussion!

• eskachig
                              eskachig commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What are you planning on hitting with that red loctite? That stuff is permanent.

Just got my x1 ludicrous yesterday got about 20 miles in. I'm really enjoying it. Luna has fixed the battery removal problem mine works great. They also do not lock out the 12th speed anymore. They only other known issues fixed Im aware of is the dropper post works flawlessly. All bolts were tight on delivery! My first question is which battery indicator is correct the battery itself or the computer I noticed a significant decrease in power below 60% on the display my battery showed 1 green 1 red?

Comment

• NorCalWil
                              NorCalWil commented
                              Editing a comment
                              May I ask when about that you ordered your X-1? I've been waiting for mine, as it was supposed to arrive mid-August. I ordered my X-1 at the beginning of July. It's mid-September and I was told that it will be ready when it's ready with no expected date. Hard to imagine after spending over $4500 and told to just wait.
                          Working...
                          X