Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have an X1 Enduro Luna bike, what's your opinion on it? How do you like it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlejohn137 View Post
    I was enjoying my X1, until it just stopped running and now it just makes a loud whining noise. I have had problems with Lunas support and I have nothing good to say about them. I think they are cowards and make the mountain biking community look bad. Grew up in LA the south bay area near where there located. After not getting any response from them Ive tried to go down there several times but they are locked in their shop like cowards while I can go to Trek and several local shops near my house and there open but cant seem to help me. So now Ive got a brick of a bike I cant get help on. I will never buy another bike from Luna!!!
    So you have 2 posts to date, a bunch of claims and you resort to name calling? Yup, real level headed adult response right there! You want to be taken serious, act serious. It's guys like you with your response that makes people NOT want to help you.

Comment

Hi folks,

So, I started loctite'ing some of the well known issue areas today: crack cover bolts and rear linkage bolts, and I noticed there seems to be blue loctite on the crank covers and red loctite on the rear linkage bolts when I removed them (kind of questioning the red loctite since the bolts came off way easier than expected for red loctite). Is this a new thing they're doing from the manufacturer? Does it make sense to re-loctite all the major bolts? The ones that come to mind are the aforementioned ones and the ones around the rear suspension.

Much thanks,

Comment

• KTMracer63
        KTMracer63 commented
        Editing a comment
        yes re-loctite, and I'd clean the hardware first of the old loctite, the dry/flaky loctite won't secure the bolt back to the way it was with fresh loctite. I'll treat my X1 no different than my off-road race motorcycles.
        Last edited by KTMracer63; 2 weeks ago.

As an aside, I finally did a test ride today. And, damn, I thought the torque sensor / PAS were perfect. In fact, I might switch back down to 5 levels from 9. It's definitely not as powerful as I was expecting, and to be honest, I felt the top assist levels were similar going up a hill as compared to my old 250W eMTB. Maybe a bit more powerful, but it's perfect for me. Love the bike.

Comment

• KTMracer63
        KTMracer63 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you get the non-Ludi or Ludi?

Non-Ludi. I read that the Ludi increased power across all assist levels. I didn't want the low levels of power feeling too much.

Comment

• KTMracer63
        KTMracer63 commented
        Editing a comment
        Lower levels are very manageable with the 14.6 firmware, the only best perspective is ones own butt on the seat riding it.

got mine all set up today and all of the pivots bolts had blue loctite on them when I took them out. so put them back in and torqued to spec. Overall happy with my bike. Came in a perfect box, no damage and everything in the box as expected. Gonna flash the firmware to .6 Monday when my tuner gets here.

Comment

Received my Ludi modded X1 (with Besst tool) on Monday this past week.....took it apart and inspected all hardware (torqued/loctite/greased,etc) rode around for a day or 2 with 14.5 to get a feel for it. Loaded 14.6 on Wednesday....WHOA! THIS is the way the bike should be shipped, big difference with PAS, much more user friendly.

Waiting on components to arrive this week to upgrade the Yari fork to the Lyrik "ultimate" level and the Fox DHx2 - 210x55/Coil shock.
        If you're planning to ride the bike harder....do your homework on the Yari upgrade first, before blowing a grand on a Fox 36 or 38. Mike at "The Lost Co" (on youtube) has a great review about upgrading the Yari (to the RC2 cartridge) to the Lyrik "Ultimate" level (for about $330) and how this upgrade will compare to the Fox 36 and 38 (both are $1000+ forks). It was mentioned this RC2 upgrade puts your stock fork between the Fox 36 and 38 capability. The Lyrik Ultimate is a $1000 fork.

Personal perspective, the Ludi mod is not over-powering (just use common sense)....people saying you don't need it (that don't have it), they don't know what they don't know....The ones that have tried it, probably rode someone else's with 14.5 (no wonder you thought it sucked), but they ride the original 14.4 firmware (apparently was very good) on their non-ludi's. So this isn't a very fair comparison for the Ludi with the better 14.6 firmware.

Seriously, with Besst and 14.6 swap, there is now an enjoyable PAS 1 ride and Ludi mode is not over bearing. Both 5 and 9 Level PAS are very usable.
        Nice part is...the Ludi power will be there "when you're ready for it and/or need it".

Bottom line...if you have experienced and enjoy ripping around on dirt bikes...you'll want the Ludi mod.
        If you're an adrenaline amped or railing mtb downhiller type person, you'll probably want the Ludi mod.
        Last edited by KTMracer63; 1 week ago.

Comment

Hey friends. I'm going to be ordering an X-1 when they are next available and have a sizing question. I usually run large frames but understand that these are a bit big for some folks. I'm 5 10", 170 lbs with a 31" inseam. In your experience, what size would best suit me?

Also, any riders here in Western N.C.?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• KTMracer63
            KTMracer63 commented
            Editing a comment
            Go with Large....

I'm 6' (slightly taller upper torso, long arm reach) and have the Large, would rather have an XL, my other mtb's are 21" frames and I was measured by a MTB Ergo/Kinesiologist.

Better to have the bike larger than smaller...The Large for 5'10 will be more stable for doing descents or any sort of downhill vs. a Medium

Originally posted by omniEye View Post
          Hey friends. I'm going to be ordering an X-1 when they are next available and have a sizing question. I usually run large frames but understand that these are a bit big for some folks. I'm 5 10", 170 lbs with a 31" inseam. In your experience, what size would best suit me?

Also, any riders here in Western N.C.?

Thanks in advance!
          Attached are the detailed ergos for the X1 or M09 Dengfu frame. If you swap shocks, would be good to look at a 210mm x 55mm as it will slightly extend the rear swingarm of the bike just a tad downward (not much) causing the bottom bracket to lift slightly (better for clearance). This still doesn't change the reach. My Large it's just a tad bit cramped for me (but I have small fixes)....at 5'10, I'll bet it's perfect.
          Attached Files

Comment

• omniEye
            omniEye commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that. That was my initial thought but it's nice to have it verified. I really appreciate the assistance!
        Working...
        X