Replacement controller for the M 600 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement controller for the M 600 motor

Are you planning to sell M 600 replacement controllers in the near future ?

M600 controllers are not something anyone can just sell unfortunately. That is not how Bafang designed that particular system. Each controller has to be custom matched to work with that specific motor using a special piece of hardware and software that is password protected, of which the password is only provided by Bafang to dealers. If an M600 controller is connected to a motor it was not matched to, the motor will only run backwards.

This means that wherever you bought the bike that uses M600, you need to ship the bare motor back there in order to have that dealer do the work of swapping out the controller.

It seems like a remarkably durable system from our experience with it so far so hopefully getting a replacement controller will be a non-issue for most people, but you know, sometimes shit happens. Bearing that in mind it is critical that any bike you buy from using M600 should be from a company that provides good support, and is located within the same country you live. Shipping a bare motor internationally just to have the controller changed out would be expensive and time consuming, and if you bought China direct I doubt any Chinese sellers would even respond to such a request.

Comment

Thanks for the information, unfortunately that doesen´t sound good.

Comment

I agree with you.

It seems that with this model bafang decided to go the way of other big name OEM ebike systems manufacturers, rather than sticking with their DIY roots, which is much more suitable for a company that has so many e-commerce dealers. The other factories do this because they have huge dealer networks with local bike shops worldwide, but since Bafang does not, that whole vendor lock-in strategy is even more asinine than when those other factories pull that sort of thing.

Comment

This is my problem.
          I bought the M600 Kit from a China supplier "Ouka bikes" and after 800 km of use, I have a problem with the controller and the display. I ask the supplier for a solution and he tells me to buy another kit.
          I get in touch with Bafang Europe and they ask the supplier to give me the solution, sending a controller.
          I keep waiting for 6 months.
          So I'm looking for information to put another different controller.
          If you could give me information about it, I would be grateful.
          Thank you

Comment

The very simple fix I just suggested in the other thread is fully documented in the troubleshooting section of the knowledge base for this bike, linked from the listing. Maybe you should read the documentation; there are a couple other things to check and it sounds like you could use the info. If nothing else, email support and we will get back to you via support during regular business days. Making threats on the other hand, is not productive, either do it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
              The very simple fix I just suggested in the other thread is fully documented in the troubleshooting section of the knowledge base for this bike, linked from the listing. Maybe you should read the documentation; there are a couple other things to check and it sounds like you could use the info. If nothing else, email support and we will get back to you via support during regular business days. Making threats on the other hand, is not productive, either do it or not.
              You're right. My bad.

Comment

Working...
              X