New 750c color display for BBSHD and BBS02

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Limit - Has no effect on throttle or PAS

So it's no effect at all, the function is there. But totally no effect?
    Last edited by Petal; 04-14-2017, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Okay thanks for the info. M is just for menu navigation. I have bbshd and I have also the cable to re-program the controller, which I have actually done according to these instructions https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/0...ing-the-bbs02/ . But will the new display override these custom settings that I have made?

And off-topic, I have now the c965 display and enabled 5 PAS levels (out of 9). How can I get the full power from the motor when using the throttle for example PAS level 1? I think now my system works like it is limiting the throttle in relation to the PAS level. I can only get full power when using PAS level 5.

Comment

Originally posted by ncrkd View Post
        Throttle limited by the level of PAS (or not) is a great feature. As a commuter though I would go for the "not" setting, as there are times I want full power, especially coming up to and through large / busy / complex intersections.
        I have been a motorcycle rider for 20+ years, having more power has never been an argument for more safety. If you are not sure if you can make it through an intersection, you'd should probably stop and wait for the green light.

$0.02.

Comment

• LI-ghtcycle
          LI-ghtcycle commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 I was riding motorcycles before I got a car, and rode for about 10 yrs that way myself, I ride very defensively, and more power in the beginning was (at age 17 what do you expect! :D ) just something that got me into trouble faster if I wasn't extra careful, because when you have super fast acceleration, every little gap between cars starts looking like something you COULD do ... fortunately I learned early enough on to stop doing that before I had any trouble lol!

I have only about 20 miles with the new display and I'm comparing it with the DCP-14.

-Molding quality seems to be better than the CDP-14. The function button module is nice, but not detachable. So relocating the module would not be possible. (You might be able to get an extension cable for the DCP-14 button module)

-The display to main harness cable is shorter than the DCP-14, too short for my Bullitt cargo bike. For the time being I lower the adjustable stem 4 inches and have ordered the display extension cable.

-Discovered a walk mode not mentioned I think. Hold the "-" button and the bike will walk slowly.

-The range field is still blank after 20 miles "---". when should I be able to see range info? I'd imagine the display needs some historical data to be able to figure it out.
        This is a key feature why I upgraded it. I was about to add a bett-man just for the battery
        gauge.

I have checked wheel size, mileage and speed seems to be registering and displaying correctly.

So far I'm liking it!
        Last edited by insider; 04-14-2017, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks for this thread. Have bee trying to find out info about this variable throttle. Let me see if I understand. When that function is on it reduces the power of the throttle in PAS and incrementally goes Up in each level of PAS? There is not 100% throttle over ride in this function. PAS 0 is now the only 100% throttle. So you really can't adjust the throttle. They are preprogramed values? If you want less power than is programmed in PAS 1, too bad, you are stuck with what is programmed? What is the wattage of PAS 1 in 9 levels of PAS? So it looks like reprogramming the controller is till the only way to get a good tune.

Comment

• ykick
            ykick commented
            Editing a comment
            My experience so far is that you cannot really change that throttle setting from N to Y. I mean it will change but when you exit, power down and come back to that menu, it's back to N. In fact, majority of advanced settings don't seem to be changeable.
            Last edited by ykick; 04-19-2017, 04:56 AM.

I just finished installing a Luna 750W BBS02B kit on my tadpole trike. It came with the new 750c display. Question: how do you toggle between white and black background? Mine is set/stuck on "black" and really hard to see in bright daylight. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by cajk View Post
            I just finished installing a Luna 750W BBS02B kit on my tadpole trike. It came with the new 750c display. Question: how do you toggle between white and black background? Mine is set/stuck on "black" and really hard to see in bright daylight. Thanks in advance!
            Holding down + button switches into night mode

Comment

Originally posted by mtm408 View Post
              Holding down + button switches into night mode
              Thanx for the reply. I have tried this. If I hold down the + button the display sorta "blinks" but stays a "black" background. If I then hold the + button down again, it does the same thing - "blinks" but stays "black". I can't get to a "white" background no matter what I do. Everything else seems to work correctly.

Comment

why no usb port????

Comment

Your "scenes" setting needs to be set to digital not analog for the black/white screen feature to work. If it's set to analog it stays black. At least that's how it works on my 850c.

Comment

Originally posted by Woody View Post
                    Your "scenes" setting needs to be set to digital not analog for the black/white screen feature to work.
                    I appreciate the ideas, but nothing seems to make it work. I've tried both digital and analog "scenes" setting - no luck. The only thing that changes on my display is a little "headlight" icon appears in the upper left corner when I hold down the + button, then disappears when I hold it down again. In both cases the background color remains black. Very puzzling...

Comment

Eric (Post #1 in this thread) says the 750c display is made by the same factory that makes the DPC-14. Seems reasonable that the 750c should function in a similar manner to the DPC-14. The image below is from the DPC-14 User Manual. It shows the "daytime" mode and the "night" mode. Notice the little headlight icon, upper left corner, "night" mode. When I try to toggle between modes on my 750c using the + button, the little headlight icon does come and go, just like it should. But my screen never changes to a white background.

Is this the way the 750c is supposed to work (background always stays black), or is my unit not working correctly? This is what I am trying to determine, with the help of Forum members.

If any of you are actually using a 750c display, do you EVER see a white background, or does the background on your unit ALWAYS stay black?

This seems like a pretty simple question to answer... I appreciate any and all help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPC-14 Day-Night Screen (small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	33705

Comment

Originally posted by cajk View Post
                        Eric (Post #1 in this thread) says the 750c display is made by the same factory that makes the DPC-14. Seems reasonable that the 750c should function in a similar manner to the DPC-14. The image below is from the DPC-14 User Manual. It shows the "daytime" mode and the "night" mode. Notice the little headlight icon, upper left corner, "night" mode. When I try to toggle between modes on my 750c using the + button, the little headlight icon does come and go, just like it should. But my screen never changes to a white background.

Is this the way the 750c is supposed to work (background always stays black), or is my unit not working correctly? This is what I am trying to determine, with the help of Forum members.

If any of you are actually using a 750c display, do you EVER see a white background, or does the background on your unit ALWAYS stay black?

This seems like a pretty simple question to answer... I appreciate any and all help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPC-14 Day-Night Screen (small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	33705
                        the display is black except for the letters that are white in night mode there blue

Comment

Thanks capcom58 for the reply!

I have now received "official" verification from lunacycle tech support that the way my 750c screen looks is correct. That is, it is supposed to have a black background in both "daytime" and "night" mode. I guess this will work for many users, but if (like me) you expected to see the same white "daytime" screen that you see on the DPC-14, then you will be disappointed. Keep this in mind when choosing your display.

Comment

• Eric Luna
                            Eric Luna commented
                            Editing a comment
                            the fonts and dimmness do change when you go into night mode...

The 750c does have a night mode...same as the dpc-14... it just is not as pronounced as the dpc-14... to enter night mode just hold the plus button... you will see the fonts and the brightness of the screen change.

Comment

Working...
                          X