Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moranm48
    replied
    I am a new user. 83 miles so far on the Giant Cross bike with the 750C display. I have read every post on this site and none, I mean none of the recommendations to go from daytime to nighttime settings work! Just as an aside, I just paid $3600+ for this bike and there isn't a user's manual to go with it. One has to search through all of these posts to figure out simple shit! You get a lot of warnings about your battery and charging it but nothing else. This is not a good business practice. I have a lot of friends interested in ebikes but they are not mechanics, they are bike riders. This reminds me of DOS with the first IBM computers. Anyone remember DOS, you had to be a programmer to interface with your "work saving device". I am not impressed so far. Hopefully someone from LunaCycle will read this a take it to heart.

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    Notes on 750c color display for BBSHD and BBS02
    My BBSHD has the Hot Rod settings from Luna

As I discover more I will add to this post.
    Code to access the Advanced Settings (access with password 1199) - I have not done this yet.

Sorry if I have repeated from above. Notes below from what I read above and my own experiments.
    I did not see a place where all were indicated in a way that worked for me.

I am calling the on/off and M : : switches
    I am calling the + and - : : keys

Here are my findings:

*To start hold on/off switch down until the Luna logo appears
    *To stop hold the on/off switch down until the Luna logo disappears

*Night Time Mode: hold the + key down until display changes - it’s a toggle so holding it down again toggles between day and night modes

*Speed Mode: Quickly press and release M switch - toggles between - Real Time : Average Speed : Top Speed

*Trip Mode: Hold both the + and - keys down at same time to reset - I have not been able to verify that this works but others above have said it does.
    There are also bars (like the speed mode) that indicate there are toggles or options but I have not found the way to access the trip mode options or toggles

*PAS Modes: Click the + and - keys to toggle between PAS modes - mine starts at 1 out of a range of 5

*Walking Mode: Click and hold the - key and the bike will “walk” forward at slow speed.

*Menu Mode - Quickly tap the M switch twice to enter the menu - to toggle between the Display Settings and Basic Settings click the on/off switch
    See post #2 for more info regarding the specific available settings

Leave a comment:

• Petal
    replied
    It's working. Used the USB cable to change it.
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• ykick
    commented on 's reply
    Factory Bafang programming seems to tie throttle to PAS levels so maybe re-program the controller? Of course, no throttle under PAS 0.

• Petal
    replied
    Strange, everybody seems to have the throttle tied to the PAS lvl, but i have another experience..
    I'm riding with my BBSHD from Luna, with Hot Rod Program. But the Throttle is insane in PAS lvl1, it seems not tied to the selected PAS level, how to change this?
    I want to tie the Throttle reaction to the PAS lvl,

My goal: Riding 18 km/h / 11 mph on PAS 1 or 2, with a gentle throttle response.
    Last edited by Petal; 06-08-2017, 06:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Benny Can
    commented on 's reply
    I have a Sigma Rox 10.0 bike computer on my other bike. sigma has video instructions on how to measure tire size. Maybe I can use that way and round it off to the nearest value. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqLhRZJyBis

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    I think it is crazy how the advertised size of a bike wheel almost never equates to the actual measured size. Who came up with this stupid system?

• New Mariner
    replied
    Fat bike usually has the same diameter as 29. Thanks for everyone's info. I will be keeping my DPC-14.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Whippy
    replied
    I've just finished my BBSHD build with the 750c display. This is my second ebike. The other is BBS02 with the stock DPC-10 display. I am completely happy with the response of the thumb throttle on the BBS02 set up. Does the 750c display NOT supply power in the same way to the thumb throttle?

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    You can try 26", and see if your "mile per hour" reading is accurate. If not, you may have to increase the "wheel size" entry to something bigger (27//28/29/30) to compensate for the super fat 4" tires. I had my wife go out in our car and run down the road at set speeds of 10mph, 15mph and 20mph while I chased her on our bikes. By doing that I was able to fine tune my MPH reading by adjusting the wheel size entry in my displays.

• ykick
    commented on 's reply
    26 for the wheel size

EDIT - well that was a crap answer. I measured my 26 x 4 and got about 27.5
    Last edited by ykick; 05-25-2017, 05:37 PM.

• ykick
    commented on 's reply
    You have stock Bafang programming IMO. That's why the throttle behaves the way it's doing. Luna Hot Rod controller programming is how you get 100% throttle in all PAS levels.

With stock controller programming you can set the dash speed limit down to something under 32km/h and then enjoy a noticeable bump in every PAS mode (except 0) when you dime the throttle. Throttle will over ride dash speed limit setting when using factory programming.

• Benny Can
    replied
    I have this display and not sure what size I should enter for my 26X4 Motobecane Boris X9. Sorry for the newbie question but I 'am a newbie to this. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Samwize
    replied
    I have just bought this display in the hope that I will not need a programming cable to do the task of a fine tune to my bbshd.
    instead of the more attractive design of this display I'm still to see anything upgraded about it. Is there some secret I don't know ?
    there seems to be a lot of people in happy with this display I feel that I was lead to believe that I could program alot of the advanced settings instead I have a display that can't do much except look good on my ride.
    what happened to full throttle mode on 0 assist???
    I now have to push the +button a million times before my throttle works correctly but that ramps up my peddle speed way to fast.
    I'd just like to say here that that's dangerous for of road riding... ok if your commuting.
    I feel this needs to be sorted.
    it's not fair that you have to be a pc computer genius just to get your hd working proper....

Leave a comment:

• ykick
    commented on 's reply
    You shouldn’t see 100% throttle in lower PAS modes when using stock Bafang controller programming. (Not the dashboard-display programming)

I probably started or contributed to that rumor when I put 750C on a stock Bafang programmed BBSXX and posted something about that behavior not realizing the error of my methods….

It’s probably time to do some more testing the 750C on various Bafang BBSXX’s to sort out some of these compounding weirdnesses?
Working...
X