Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not a Luna representative. I'm just another old guy messing around with electric bikes.

This question of what can be changed with which display is very confusing...for everyone. I have two BBS02 powered bikes and three different displays: a C-963, a DPC-14, and a 750c. The motor controllers on both of my bikes have been programmed (with the programming cable and a laptop computer) so they allow full 100% throttle in PAS 0 and also in PAS 1-9. I can swap all 3 of my displays back and forth, on either bike, and it does not affect the programming in the motor controller. It does not matter if I have selected 3, 5 or 9 PAS levels in the display. I have found no "advance setting" parameter in ANY of the 3 displays that changes the "100% throttle in all PAS levels" capability of my bikes. I believe this can ONLY be altered by reprogramming the motor controller with the cable and computer. This is my experience. Your results may be different.
    Last edited by cajk; 05-17-2017, 06:09 AM.

• skymon
    commented on 's reply
    Possibly you (Kocho and cajk) are referring to the "Designated Assist Level" parameter under the Throttle tab (third page) of the programming software? Possibly setting this parameter to "By Display's Command" ties the throttle level to the PAS level and setting it to "9" makes the throttle lever capable of full power in any PAS level? Don't yet see how this differs between 750c and DPC-14.

• Kocho
    commented on 's reply
    Just tonight I asked Luna support and they confirmed that this is a setting that can be programmed with the cable or with the DPC-14 but not with the 750c. I understood it to mean that once programmed with the cable and PC software, full (or any level) throttle can be available with the 750c at any PAS value.

I am still waiting for my kit to ship so can't try. Plus I didn't order the cable with the kit as it was out of stock, so given how long it's taken for the kit to ship, it might be several weeks before I can try the programming ...

• skymon
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, except I'm still not clear as to whether that is the case. Would like to hear from Luna rep.
    Last edited by skymon; 05-16-2017, 05:47 PM.

• Kocho
    replied
    Not having the option for full throttle at any PAS level seems like a huge drawback to me on the new display. Not being able to see the amps is bad too, though not as critical to me.

Have such things been updated later by firmware? Or we will be stuck with those limitations? If so, I would have to return and exchange my paid for but yet to be delivered 750c for the DPC-14...

Leave a comment:

• curranb79
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you - I was looking for that!

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the heads up. I haven't noticed this problem (yet), but now I will be more careful of my screens! Might be a good idea to install one of those "trim to fit" stick-on transparent screen protectors, like sold for cameras and cell phones. But need to do this BEFORE the screen gets scratched.

• Ade
    replied
    Something else negative for this display - the plastic seems to be extremely soft and not at all scratch resistant. I gave it a casual wipe with my gloved finger and it instantly became a mass of fine scratches - never seen a display this bad for scratches and I've had 4 I think. Next time I do any maintenance on the bike I'm going to switch back to the DPC-14.

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    I don't have enough experience (yet) to be telling others how to program their controllers. I DO recommend 3 resources for info on "best" controller settings. The first two are tech guides on Electricbike-blog.com (linked below). I have been using both of them to give me ideas on what settings to use on my bikes. The third is the excellent "Help" file found in the Penoff software program (also linked below). After you download the program and install it, i recommend opening the "Help" file and printing it out before you do anything else. It contains excellent tips on how to mod the BBSxx motor controller program.

https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/0...ing-the-bbs02/

https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/0...g-your-sanity/

https://penoff.wordpress.com/2016/01...sion-software/

• skymon
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks cajk. I appreciate your experimentation. Its time consuming. Especially checking throttle power as you have to get on and ride it (provide a load) to see what's happening. I'm somewhat familiar with programming the controller. I've made some slight PAS current limit changes. Can you be more specific about how to adjust throttle level independent of PAS level?

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not clear WHAT that statement you quoted really means... The line in the advanced settings menu that it refers to (Throttle: Y or N) does not seem to do anything. Exactly like most of the settings in the advanced menu - with the exception of "number of assist levels - they do nothing.

I can say this for sure: it IS possible to have full throttle in all PAS modes when using the 750c display. BUT, I believe this function must be activated (as usual) by setting the proper values in the motor controller. This requires a programming cable and the programming software on a Windows computer. Sorry 'bout that.

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    After my post above, I was curious, so I went out and tried "clearing" both my displays. I have a 750c and a DPC-14 (the older vertical color display). The 750c acts like I stated above. The DPC-14 works different. On it, if I clear the "resettable" values, then turn it off, when I turn it back on they are still showing "zero". Weird.

• cajk
    commented on 's reply
    Try clearing the mileage immediately before you start riding. Then, when you start moving, it should begin to accumulate (and store) the "new" trip total.

I think if you "clear" the display, and then turn it off, you have not actually "cleared" the stored values in memory. This does not happen until a "new" value is stored.

If that makes any sense...
    Last edited by cajk; 05-12-2017, 06:44 AM. Reason: Typo

• squirrelpie0
    replied
    How do you clear the Trip mileage. Tabbing through the settings with the P button to Trip, then holding down both the+ - buttons sets it to zero, but when you power off the unit and power up again it it shows previous mileage in Trip. PLAYED WITH IT REPEATEDLY without success but know it can be done as playing with it earlier I zeroed out both Trip & ODO. NEED some guidancehere

Leave a comment:

• skymon
    replied
    From the 750c Display Documentation thread
    (https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...-documentation)

Common Question #2: "Throttle is tied to selected PAS level no more full throttle in lower PAS modes"

Sorry to be kinda slow here but...

Does that mean that the "Variable Throttle Option" (that the Luna Cycle page refers to) is not really an option but rather a permanent function?

in other words:

Can this throttle-tied-to-PAS be turned on and off?
    Last edited by skymon; 05-10-2017, 05:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X