Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tspal2016
    replied
    been using the 750 for about a week on my new luna cycle, and playing around with various settings- so far pleased with the bike and the display.

in addition to the initial thread notes on how to navigate the features, note that i discovered holding down both "+" and "-" at the same time resets the trip distance and min/max speed.

still puzzled a bit by some of the quirks such as features that appear to do nothing or not work.. and looking forward to perhaps a more complete user manual from Luna after they work with the factory a bit more on how to use this controller with their drives.

Leave a comment:

• ColBuendia
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for posting the password! It was driving me crazy that 1919 didn't work on my unit and I couldn't find the info anywhere...

• Riderofbike
    replied
    I have only had the 750 for two days but all things considered it is better than the DPC14. Why change the password from 1919 to 1199 though? It's confusing to easily frustrated old people..

Leave a comment:

• ykick
    replied
    I’m pretty happy with the 750C buttons. DPC14 is good too. Yeah, I kinda liked the white daytime background screen too but the 750C looks good and still very readable to my eyes.

I think the biggest criteria for choosing between either display is in regard to mounting configuration? DPC14 if you need/want vertical (portrait) or 750C if you want horizontal (landscape).

Otherwise they’re both very cool. 750 watt/power meter might be better/faster response than the DPC14? And of course the volt meter limitation was fixed for 52V packs. Although that really wasn’t a big deal to me since most of my riding sags enough that I spend majority of my powered time below 56V. It’s mostly just weird/odd to install a battery pack and see 56V when you know it is 58V.

I once gotta burn spot on a DPC14 in strong daylight? I wonder if the black background is any more resilient in that regard?

Not seeing anything populate in the "informations" entries either. Perhaps it requires a different system and/or battery pack?

Leave a comment:

• Riderofbike
    replied
    Originally posted by cajk View Post
    Look at the image of the DPC-14 screen (reply #27). The "daytime" mode has a white background. The "night" mode has a black background. In my opinion, the white background makes the "daytime" screen much easier to read in bright sunlight. I know, because I have seen this display on a neighbor's bike.
    I like the white background the DPC-14 for daytime too. I also miss the USB charging port.

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Originally posted by Ade View Post
    Cajk,
    I've yet to see any numbers appear on the range either - has anyone seen this work?
    No, after several extended rides and battery recharges, I've not seen anything in the "range" position.

Leave a comment:

• Ade
    replied
    Cajk,

kinda bummed myself that the 750c is not as readable a display as the DPC-14 (I have both).

IMO, There are only 2 reasons to get the 750c over the DPC-14;

1) it knows about 52V so the voltage metre displays correctly when your battery is charged above 56V - although I'm not sure if the battery graphic is calibrated properly for 52v. Mine at the moment looks like it's showing 80% full according to the graphic but the battery is at 52.8v so should look more like 60% full.

2) The throttle limiter which restricts the throttle to the PAS level you're at. I haven't tried/don't need this myself though.

I think the DPC-14 is better in every other way. Brighter screen with better contrast, easier to read layout, better control pad, can show amps drawn (the 750c only can display W as far as I can determine)....

I've yet to see any numbers appear on the range either - has anyone seen this work?

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Eric, thanks for the reply.

I don't want to get in a big argument about this. I'm a new guy around here and don't want to step on any toes. But...

Look at the image of the DPC-14 screen (reply #27). The "daytime" mode has a white background. The "night" mode has a black background. In my opinion, the white background makes the "daytime" screen much easier to read in bright sunlight. I know, because I have seen this display on a neighbor's bike.

The 750c does have a "daylight" mode, and a "night" mode, that is true. Yes, the fonts and dimness do change in "night" mode. But both modes have a black background, and that is what is causing me a viewing problem. I may be the only customer who has this problem. If so, I apologize for ever bringing it up. All I wanted to do in the first place was determine if my display was operating correctly. I have been assured that it is, and so that is the end of the matter as far as I'm concerned. I will be happy to let the whole subject be put to rest.

I just finished installing the Luna 750w BBS02B kit on my tadpole trike, and I am really pleased with the quality of the components, and the greatly increased performance of my trike. My personal gripe about the display does nothing to change my opinion of Luna Cycle and the stuff they sell. You run a first-class operation, and I will be shopping at your website again.
    Last edited by cajk; 04-26-2017, 05:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Luna
    commented on 's reply
    the fonts and dimmness do change when you go into night mode...

• Eric Luna
    replied
    The 750c does have a night mode...same as the dpc-14... it just is not as pronounced as the dpc-14... to enter night mode just hold the plus button... you will see the fonts and the brightness of the screen change.

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Thanks capcom58 for the reply!

I have now received "official" verification from lunacycle tech support that the way my 750c screen looks is correct. That is, it is supposed to have a black background in both "daytime" and "night" mode. I guess this will work for many users, but if (like me) you expected to see the same white "daytime" screen that you see on the DPC-14, then you will be disappointed. Keep this in mind when choosing your display.

Leave a comment:

• LI-ghtcycle
    commented on 's reply
    +1 I was riding motorcycles before I got a car, and rode for about 10 yrs that way myself, I ride very defensively, and more power in the beginning was (at age 17 what do you expect! :D ) just something that got me into trouble faster if I wasn't extra careful, because when you have super fast acceleration, every little gap between cars starts looking like something you COULD do ... fortunately I learned early enough on to stop doing that before I had any trouble lol!

• capcom58
    replied
    Originally posted by cajk View Post
    Eric (Post #1 in this thread) says the 750c display is made by the same factory that makes the DPC-14. Seems reasonable that the 750c should function in a similar manner to the DPC-14. The image below is from the DPC-14 User Manual. It shows the "daytime" mode and the "night" mode. Notice the little headlight icon, upper left corner, "night" mode. When I try to toggle between modes on my 750c using the + button, the little headlight icon does come and go, just like it should. But my screen never changes to a white background.

Is this the way the 750c is supposed to work (background always stays black), or is my unit not working correctly? This is what I am trying to determine, with the help of Forum members.

If any of you are actually using a 750c display, do you EVER see a white background, or does the background on your unit ALWAYS stay black?

This seems like a pretty simple question to answer... I appreciate any and all help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPC-14 Day-Night Screen (small).jpg
Views:	232
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	33705
    the display is black except for the letters that are white in night mode there blue

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Eric (Post #1 in this thread) says the 750c display is made by the same factory that makes the DPC-14. Seems reasonable that the 750c should function in a similar manner to the DPC-14. The image below is from the DPC-14 User Manual. It shows the "daytime" mode and the "night" mode. Notice the little headlight icon, upper left corner, "night" mode. When I try to toggle between modes on my 750c using the + button, the little headlight icon does come and go, just like it should. But my screen never changes to a white background.

Is this the way the 750c is supposed to work (background always stays black), or is my unit not working correctly? This is what I am trying to determine, with the help of Forum members.

If any of you are actually using a 750c display, do you EVER see a white background, or does the background on your unit ALWAYS stay black?

This seems like a pretty simple question to answer... I appreciate any and all help!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DPC-14 Day-Night Screen (small).jpg
Views:	232
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	33705

Leave a comment:

• cajk
    replied
    Originally posted by Woody View Post
    Your "scenes" setting needs to be set to digital not analog for the black/white screen feature to work.
    I appreciate the ideas, but nothing seems to make it work. I've tried both digital and analog "scenes" setting - no luck. The only thing that changes on my display is a little "headlight" icon appears in the upper left corner when I hold down the + button, then disappears when I hold it down again. In both cases the background color remains black. Very puzzling...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X