Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAFANG ULTRA MOTOR Mid Drive (Luna Edition)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAFANG ULTRA MOTOR Mid Drive (Luna Edition)

Please email FP G330 aluminum mounting plate cad model, to modify custom aluminum boom for recumbent trike?
    Also specify material grade and workability for spot or flash weld?
    Thanks
    Last edited by HiJaak; 10-16-2017, 06:49 AM.

That's not the right part. http://www.bafang-e.com/en/component...s/fp-g510.html is what you are looking for.
    Last edited by commuter ebikes; 02-17-2018, 08:27 PM. Reason: Not edited.

Comment

Why Bafang site says G510 is 750/1000W but Luna Cycle says it's 1500W with possibility of upgrade to 2500W with Ludicrous Kit?

Comment

Originally posted by microlag View Post
        Why Bafang site says G510 is 750/1000W but Luna Cycle says it's 1500W with possibility of upgrade to 2500W with Ludicrous Kit?
        Luna offers custom programming and 52V batteries instead of 48V stock, to achieve that 1500W nominal power level (30A x 52V is actually 1560W).

Luna also created and sells a custom motor controller with even more power capability (50A) - available as the Ludicrous option on some of their pre-built bikes. That's your 2500W option.
        Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post

Luna also created and sells a custom motor controller with even more power capability (50A) - available as the Ludicrous option on some of their pre-built bikes. That's your 2500W option.
          To achieve such result, shouldn't you be able to modify the firmware? Is that something BAFANG actually does upon request? Since I live in EU, is it possible to buy from another source rather than LunaCycle to have the controller unlocked for 50A? Also I think there must be some electrical components changes also in the motor in order to withstand the higher current without frying everything.

Another question: according to Bafang Ultra site the 1000W version has a Rated Voltage (DCV) of 60V, not 48V?
          Last edited by microlag; 02-04-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPLabs View Post

Does that mean they managed to have BAFANG actually modifying the firmware max current parameter specifically for their controller? I didn't know that's something they were actually willing to do upon request (I guess you must be a huge dealer and place tons of order in order to have such request granted). Also that means the mid-drive motor has different electrical components to withstand the more raw current?

Do you know if BAFANG sells this beefier Bafang Ultra kit also directly on their own? Being in Europe, it's not that cheap for me to buy from USA.

Comment

Originally posted by microlag View Post
              To achieve such result, shouldn't you be able to modify the firmware? Is that something BAFANG actually does upon request? Since I live in EU, is it possible to buy from another source rather than LunaCycle to have the controller unlocked for 50A? Also I think there must be some electrical components changes also in the motor in order to withstand the higher current without frying everything.

Another question: according to Bafang Ultra site the 1000W version has a Rated Voltage (DCV) of 60V, not 48V?
              Hardware changes are required for 50A, yes. Luna created that Ludicrous controller, you can't get it elsewhere, sorry. Need to buy one of their bikes to get one.

You could, however, add your own custom controller for similar power, but it won't fit the motor case, it would need to be mounted elsewhere. And you'd need to figure out how to do it - some have.

Luna has an Austraiian outlet, I'm pretty sure. Maybe you can work with them for a better deal than USA?

I don't know much about the Ultra, can't help you there, sorry.
              Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

Working...
              X