No announcement yet.

Wolf pack battery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow that's quite a jumble. Yes I have a couple minis powering ludi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180403_133309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.98 MB
ID:	61190

You should see Sebz bike, he has three and they are physically held in place with like, gorilla tape I guess? One physically taped under the downtube and the other two in the triangle on some downhill bike. Whatever works!

Comment

For once I am still running while I wait thanks to a couple of mighty minis. Thanks for playing Paxtana! Well another week has gone by which makes me think the story is just getting more interesting. I am excited about a new product and any story that "they" are willing to share.

As I can only fantasize about what styling will go with the naked battery and things are getting.... well you tell me.

Name:	uzzi seat.gif
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	61405
      Attached Files

Comment

There seems to be some confusion with regards to locking this battery.
        While it is true that unlike a shark it does not have a built in locking mechanism, it is lockable.

This is the underside of Wolf.
        The entire bottom is steel for mounting to the included neodynium magnets, but there is also a couple a couple vertical sections.

Click image for larger version  Name:	^E1725F02B80A9A15F6D631F2C7B2C335C4DD7A2F0BC3972906^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	168.8 KB ID:	62173

Closeup:

Click image for larger version  Name:	^31074FB7233C8600C5BACFD18ABA86F83151A0B9DB28FBB3E1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	159.1 KB ID:	62174

These steel slats are built directly into the framework of the pack and exist for optional reinforcement to the frame via zipties.

The downtube sits between the slats with a ziptie going through the slats holding it to the frame.

However they also can serve another function, to lock the battery to the downtube.

Ottolock

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	673.2 KB ID:	62175

The idea here is that this belt type of lock is fed through the Wolf reinforcement slats same as if you were to use a ziptie.

The slats are ~21mm wide and the lock is 18mm so it should already be a pretty good fit, and in any case the slat can be widened a bit with a file if need be. We are in the process of confirming that this will be as easily used as possible and if so this may be an optional add-on for Wolf and future batteries based on this design.

Comment

I have been such a complainer I better post that I got it. Came with plain black shell over it, maybe for shipping. Thanks guys, I am going to have a set up for both off road and show and shine. (prancing around the campground)

Name:	batterygif.gif
Size:	477.1 KB
ID:	62514

Comment

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            Between the naked battery and the eclipse chain ring it reminds me of a Whipple blower sticking out of the hood.

Naked looks sweet. For show & shine use, if you stick LEDs behind the case by the frame, would the whole thing light up and glow at night, via the clear potting? Orange glow which grows brighter with more power, like an atomic pile on your bike, would be awesome.
          Fabrication is fun! Build something today. Show someone. Let them help. Inspire and share. Spread the desire.

Comment

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            Like I don't have enough to do, I can't stop thinking about this.

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a neat idea.

I wonder what it would look like with fiberoptic filament embedded..

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            New product request! Wolf, disco version. I would also like the leads out the front instead of back. Of course I am not following directions and have it upside down. Leads are kinda short, what was the thinking there.

Tech electrical charging question. Gently charged at 1 amp to full and let sit for balancing. Amps said 0 but the volts were 58.3 or .1 In the morning it is 57.7 Is this drop in volts mean the balancing is done? (readings on the charger)

I want to go out and smoke test the beauty on a hill climb, but should I be gentle when new?
          Last edited by xcnick; 04-21-2018, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            What do you mean like feedback? The bms actually has Bluetooth but it's disabled on account of the high parasitic load. This would be how you would know, but I think most people would agree it's not worth it if the requirements for this info is the pack drains itself to lvc.

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            The second charge I used my other charger, luna's best just like the new one, and it went to 58.4. I guess it starts the balancing wherever it stops when set at 100%? Just thought that if it didn't go high enough it wouldn't balance. I read if set to 80 percent or 90 it would not balance. Yea, bluetooth drain, probably a good idea to leave out but if it becomes an option I will try it, will it work with my flip phone? ;-)

• xcnick
            xcnick commented
            Editing a comment
            Battery health meter. Just watched a video on the Leaf. On off switch for the Blue Tooth?
        Working...
        X