Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always wanted a decent ebike with a middrive and an IGH. Have you guys ever built one? I heard Eric Hicks say in an interview once that he liked the IGH. I do as well. I despise the derailleur hanging down ready to snag anything along the trail. Im a 60 DAV and I have a fatbike from Sondors. I upgraded to the 737 mod (52v 750W 35A). Now I want a second bike and I'd like to have one with an IGH, 3 speed is fine. Any chance ? I will be making a purchase by the new year, maybe before. Budget ? Less than $2.5K if possible. I can wait if time will make a difference. Thanks. You make great ebikes from what I understand.
    Last edited by JohnR58; 12-10-2018, 09:31 AM.

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi John! Sure we have built a few over the years, like the Rhino, the Apex had an option for that as well. Most of the bikes we sell don't have this though, as these are typically conversions rather than a build from the ground up like the two aforementioned bikes.

Not sure we will have any bikes with IGH in the next few weeks.

That said, any bike can be changed to IGH. I'm sure your local bike shop would be happy to change it over if you were to bring in the rear wheel from a Luna bike. Here is a guide on your options for IGH mods: https://www.electricbike.com/mid-drive-kit-igh/

i would like to see luna carry the eggrider oled display. since it allows programming from the phone as well as on the fly mode switching from a road program to off road and back, and is stealthy

Comment

• paxtana
      paxtana commented
      Editing a comment
      It is something under consideration, I know that much. We will probably carry it at some point.

• djp1987
      djp1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      oh goody! hope it is happens (and soon)

Ok. This is probably an odd request. I would love some kind of Luna decal/ logo i can put on my bikes. Anyone there good with graphics? Possibly even just a computer file with the graphical logos i could have made local? I wanted them on my first bike but found no answers. My new build needs something on the tanks, and it would be sweet if it were a LUNA graphic/ logo. For a better idea of my situation check:
    https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...need-your-help
    Help me advertise for ya!!!

Comment

I could send you some 2x2" stickers if you want to PM me an address.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00000IMG_00000_BURST20190312043025687_COVER.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	83814

Comment

i also have a sticker related request: in maine the ebike legislation is finally gaining traction, but when passed will require all manufacturers/distributors to have a permanently affixed label showing the motor wattage, class (1, 2, or 3) and its maximum assisted speed in a prominent place on the motor in arial font, at least 9 point type. oddly specific, but ok. anyway i was wondering if you guys will be able to offer such a label? even if its only for motors bought from you it would still be useful

Comment

Customizable labels is outside the scope of the services we can provide, as what is needed will probably vary depending on the state.

However you can have this sort of thing made fairly easily and cheaply using an online sticker production service. The one above was made using Stickermule, good for graphics and high quantity on a vinyl label that holds up well. For text labels I prefer Printrunner. You can select small batches and one sheet starts at ten bucks. https://www.printrunner.com/cut-to-s...-printing.html

I have found both companies to be very helpful in getting these set up just the way I want, even on small batches. They assign you a graphic designer who will work with you to ensure it turns out the way you want and have some pretty cool tools to preview before going to production. When I do this I usually type it up in a word processor so it is arranged in the right shape/font/size, then screenshot that and upload the screenshot to the image uploader on the site.

Comment

• djp1987
            djp1987 commented
            Editing a comment
            thanks. thought i would ask since maine will require it to be printed by the seller or manufacturer of the motor. though as long as it looks professional enough i think it will pass muster as long as they dont pick at too many nits concerning the label.

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            Right but as a kit-built ebike it can be argued that you are effectively the manufacturer of the end product. As such you can print that.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a lawyer and since it is so rare that anybody ever gets tickets for this sort of thing it has not been challenged in court whether a kit builder qualifies as a manufacturer. But I think if it came to that you would have a decent argument in your favor.

I started a few detailed topics on this, but I figured I would post on the Luna Cycle NEW product requests thread as well.

My wife and I are daily eBike commuters in Oakland/San Francisco. We both think that a 38-43 lb (all-in), 300-500 Wh, 70-80 Nm, 750 W, 28 mph eBike is missing from the market. Weight is key here. I have a partially torn rotator cuff, and my wife is small. We both go up and down stairs to the train station and have high train step-ups each day, so ~40 lbs already feels like a daily burden.

We'd love to see Luna offer via a ground up ("Apollo light") or donor conversion. Some thoughts:
          • The BBS02 or TSDZ2 mid-drive already provides adequate torque, power, and speed, and the mini cube 3.3 lb or your many 7.5-9 lb packs could be offered as options (an extra 5 lbs for those that need the commute range... which is not as important for most ≤8 mile round trip commuters).
          • The bike should have adequate hydraulic disk brakes (e.g. 180+ mm front) to successfully brake when the a**hole car drivers cut you off.
          • The bike should have puncture-resistance street tires and adequate wheel/tire width and diameter to provide comfy roll over of poor, cracked city streets. Nothing overkill here.
          • The bike should have modest (but not overkill) suspension (front-only probably fine with seat post suspension an upgrade option).
          • Fenders: eBike commuters are doing it rain or shine with backpacks or and jeans we'll wear all day.

Speaking to one of your sales guys this morning, he claimed that everyone comes to Luna asking for more power. But that is probably because Luna's products outperform the competition on torque, power, and energy density, so your customer base comes to you asking for more. But I can tell you that there is a massive customer base of daily commuters like my wife and I that need eBikes to go on a diet while providing adequate 28 mph speed, hill climb, and 10 mile range... we see them every day on the train and at the office.
          Last edited by markitos144; 03-27-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            The Luna folding bike checks most of those boxes already and the rest could be modded on after the purchase

I have been waiting for the Wolf Dime pack (i.e mighty mini equivalent) product release that Eric mentioned in his original video introducing the Wolfpack. Any word on when you plan to release the product?

P.S. Thanks for releasing the 500c display.

Comment

• HIGHVOLTAGE
            HIGHVOLTAGE commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry, we do not have an ETA at this time. It may be a while and we would recommend going with the Wolf pack if you are pressed for time

• CC Rider
            CC Rider commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for responding, Unfortunately, I need stealth where I ride. I'll probably just get a mighty mini with my BBHSD kit and use the future dime wolf pack as pack #2.
        Working...
        X