This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delays on Luna Anniversary BBS02 kits?

I purchased this kit 2 weeks ago and it is still awaiting fulfillment. Are any parts of the it unavailable at the moment delaying the shipment? Has anyone else yet to receive tracking after 2 weeks?

Yes the sharks are/were backordered until month end. That's why it was put back on pre-order status.

Comment

• BigJon
      BigJon commented
      Editing a comment
      Information like this should be given to customers. Don't you agree. It seems deceptive to just change a status and not mention that. Especially when your site usually alerts customers that a component is back ordered. I would gladly upgrade my battery option or have ordered my battery from a different supplier had I been properly informed as I bet all the customers waiting with me would have. As of Friday I believe there were 13 non cancelled orders in front of my own.

• commuter ebikes
      commuter ebikes commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been building ebikes since 2014, and I definitely had to make a mental adjustment to waiting for parts and service. Nowadays, I am always waiting for something, sometimes up to four months. The vendors and service people are almost always on top of it, but sometimes you have to wait a loooong time. This would be unmanageable for me if I didn't have a bike to ride while I wait.

As long as I get the stuff eventually, I am good.

That sale listing has always said 2 week or longer shipping time regardless of the pre-order status on the listing. (It used to say 3 weeks but was revised downward after the first few batches went out) Says ETA right at the top of the listing in bold. And we changed it to also have the pre-order notice on the listing around two weeks ago so there's a good chance it already said that when you paid for it.

As a package deal with explicitly no substitutions it is an accurate timetable since the whole package would not be shippable until month end regardless of which part was the reason for that timetable.

..in fact, it has always said preorder on that listing as well, in the description. Literally the only change we did was click a box that adds another descriptor at the bottom where you add to cart that says in a yellow box it is preorder.

Comment

I'm not trying to be rude. Just hoping to improve communications with the customers. Seeing as I have had numerous communications with the luna team in the last week. But per your site right now as it said during my purchase was
      "NOTE: This kit at this price will be 1-2 weeks for delivery. This is a pre-order price"

I'm not asking for a refund or trying to defame your company in any way. I am only asking why we aren't receiving our products or any update on why. Especially when I have asked via phone and email and chat why these have been delayed and received 3 different answers.

via phone with joel:
      . It seems like they only ship the anniversary bundles over the weekends so they can get a bulk shipping discount your the 13th order in the queue.

via chat previous to call.
      . Your the 12th in queue, no reason given.

via email when I asked if there were any parts holds.
      . You can cancel the order if you like. No response to my question on parts availability.

Comment

• commuter ebikes
        Editing a comment
        I definitely understand that it is tough to be in the state of waiting. For the last 2-3 months, I have been checking my email several times a day for a certain email (order complete, request for payment) from a vendor overseas. So that is about 225 times that I felt disappointed because the email didn't come in. Happily, I finally got that email today. I have never been so happy to shell out $1,220!

With another vendor overseas, I sent them $840 and they said that it would take about 20-30 days to manufacture the custom parts, this after emailing the guy back and forth for 3 weeks. It has been well over 30 days, but I won't even email the vendor because it is a reputable company. I paid, and they are working on it. I suppose the possibility exists that they will take the money and run, but, like I said, they are a reputable company, so I am not worried about getting ripped off. Imagine how happy I will be when that parcel arrives at my door!

In another case, I waited 4 months for the local powder coater to powder coat two frames and some custom parts. Every time I would drive by that part of town, I would fume about their inadequate staffing. When they finally got me the frames, the frames and parts were beautiful.

And don't even get me started on machine shops. 2-4 months to deliver custom parts, and the price will knock you to the ground. Quality work, though.

I am just glad that I have bikes to ride while I wait (and wait, and wait,...).

I have ended up telling myself "I don't care how long it takes, how much it costs or how difficult it is as long as the end result is reliable". It really does make all the time, expense and work worthwhile when you have an ebike which is as reliable as can be.
        Last edited by commuter ebikes; 10-01-2017, 11:04 AM.

• calfee20
        calfee20 commented
        Editing a comment
        Commuter ebikes has made a good post here. We are watching a very hot phenomenon here. It is not just supply and demand, new tech is added in to make things even more crazy. I think Luna is doing the best they can. They are in a situation that throwing more money or employees into the mix probably won't fix the problem.

• BigJon
        BigJon commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree no need to throw more money at a problem. This is a communication issue. And creating better lines of communication and possibly increasing interdepartmental visibility could alieveate this. Or just accurately stating information on the webpage about product availability would have worked for me. When something says 1-2 weeks for delivery that's setting an expectation. If they had stated that they were pending a shipment of batteties or just offered the drive kits that could have been prevented all my communications and possibly many other peoples as well. An ounce of prevention and so on. But this chat hopefully gives them some help improving those processes if seen by the right people. I didn't buy from luna because it's the cheapest bbs02. It's not I could have ordered a kit with battery for $25 dollars less. It was because in the last year of research I have done I like what I see in this company and want them to succeed.

Everything I have said in these posts should be taken as constructive criticism. And hopefully some of it can be utilized to make them even better. I have never demanded they accelerate my order i have just asked why. Thank you Paxtana for an accurate update.

I already told you why it had not shipped yet and why it was in preorder.
      The email response you got was what you should have gotten from all communications avenues as support rarely has specifics on ETA information, and stuff goes in and out of stock so often what specifics we do have quickly go out of date. None of the support team even live in the same city as the warehouse, Los Angeles is expensive. Joel works chat and phones, and while he seems to be making up whatever suits him while you spoke via chat and phone, he's new and does not know what he's talking about.

Given the huge number of complex products and parts we handle we get ETA questions constantly, and each question pulls someone critical off of the task of actually getting stuff done to answer questions about when stuff will get done, i.e. it lowers productivity. So for support it's all about striking a balance between communication and productivity.

There's possibly some stuff we could do to improve communication like hiring a CS liason, but the increased overhead would drive up prices. And I think we both know the bottom line is having a cheap price, not how much updates you can get on a preorder.

Comment

• BigJon
        BigJon commented
        Editing a comment
        So have these batteries come in?

And all the overhead increase you would need is a ticketing system with notes tied to the order number. I actually run a call center in north carolina. I would be glad to discus methods of boosting your interoffice communication and customer service as I do this for a living. Check out a product called Sysaid. They offer chat functionality and inventory management in a ticketing system. Though I think a warehouse management software might be more efficient if accessible as a web page to show products claimed by orders compared to available for your support staff.

• paxtana
        paxtana commented
        Editing a comment
        The batteries are awaiting customs clearance.
        We already use something similar to a ticketing system with a comparative featureset, there's no technological solution that will prevent needing someone well informed and well positioned to take time away from getting stuff done to answer, update and clarify followups.
        I have been looking at some new project management tools lately though. Hoping that if we can raise efficiency across projects the LA teams may be more available. Been looking at Asana, haven't checked out many others yet.

Originally posted by BigJon View Post
      So have these batteries come in?

And all the overhead increase you would need is a ticketing system with notes tied to the order number. I actually run a call center in north carolina. I would be glad to discus methods of boosting your interoffice communication and customer service as I do this for a living. Check out a product called Sysaid. They offer chat functionality and inventory management in a ticketing system. Though I think a warehouse management software might be more efficient if accessible as a web page to show products claimed by orders compared to available for your support staff.
      I appreciate your excitement about getting your kit, but I'm quite sure that this thread won't get the order to your door any earlier. Let these guys do their thing. Reading your posts, I wonder if you couldn't show a little more patience. Luna wants you to get your stuff every bit as much as you want to get it. If I know these guys, they are doing everything they can do to ship out your order.

I have been in your shoes. I get very excited about my projects. This enthusiasm is a good thing! Do you have an ebike to ride while you are waiting for this one to be finished?
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 10-01-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• ykick
        ykick commented
        Editing a comment
        No vendor is “perfect” and while it’s great to strive for “perfection” as long as someone gets the good stuff they want, at a price they LOVE, in reasonable amount of time, who really cares about general ETA’s in a product description which has probably been edited dozens of times?

No one demands perfection but an accurate estimated time is expected and should be included especially when plunking down hundreds of dollars.
      Last edited by max_volt; 10-02-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• BigJon
        BigJon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I'm not trying to get my order escalated or expedited or jump the line so to say. I want to help them to Accurately manage customer expectations. Sometimes a visible complaint can improve processes that need to be improved. this is why successful businesses issue customer surveys.

• commuter ebikes
        Editing a comment
        Just my opinion, but I think you guys are underestimating the strategy of choosing a reputable vendor and then being patient.

I just wired $1,220.00 to Croatia (I am in California). I didn't even think to ask for an ETA on the order because I know that the vendor Zelena Vozila is reputable and competent. It takes as long as it takes, and I will be patient until the order arrives. As I have said, I can be patient only because I have ebikes to ride while I wait. For me, riding is the key factor.
      Last edited by commuter ebikes; 10-02-2017, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• max_volt
        max_volt commented
        Editing a comment
        The difference being that you're not getting the run around.

I think that's about all the constructive criticism I can field for right now so this thread is locked, if you need to cancel please email support for full refund, or if you want just the kit without battery ask for the battery to be cancelled and we'll go ahead and do that for you, you can tell support to make an exception on the order change and that it's authorized by Gary.

​​​​​​​Batteries are waiting to clear customs so they should arrive within the week. You can't really force a customs official to clear something faster if they are dragging their heels, sorry if some of you may think that's giving you the runaround but it is the truth, I always aim for transparency and that's why I've been fielding questions in this thread.

Once the packs arrive we can ship fairly quickly, we have fast testing stations, labeling machines, laser etching and so on, and everything else is already ready to go including the shipping personnel. Sorry for the delay, we'll ship it out soon as we can.

Comment

Working...
      X