Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sur Ron peddle kit question

Yet another minor issue...

So I bought my Sur Ron with the peddle kit installed. However,, the way they ship it, it's partially installed. The bracket that contains the sprocket and the peddle connections, comes pre-installed, but the peddles are left off and the rear sprocket is still the original 42 tooth sprocket.

To complete the install you have to remove the rear tire, swap the large 42 tooth sprocket for a much smaller sprocket, and (I think) you have to add a length of chain (I think this is already done too), put the rear tire back on and tighten it all up. Then connect the peddle arms and peddles.

The problem I have is, I didn't complete this install right away. I had planned to do it later on and, in fact, I was able to ride around just fine. Then I decided to finish the kit. I disconnected the chain master link, took the rear tire off, and was about to swap the sprocket, but it turns out I did not have the right tool to finish. So, I put it all back together, but know my chain was rubbing the underside of the the frame. I tried various adjustments on the chain tension but no luck. Then I decided maybe the half finished kit was getting in the way, so I took it off and re tightened the chain, but it still rubs.

I can't figure out why it's now rubbing the underside of the frame? Also, if I take the peddle kit off do I also have to remove some of the chain? How many links?
Working...
X