Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp-hour fuel guage or odometer? (from lunacycles)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp-hour fuel guage or odometer? (from lunacycles)

I bought the cyclone kit last may , and am just now about to build the stuff onto my bike. So I opened the package of the fuel-gauge, and it looks like a odometer, I don't see any way to attach it to the battery. It has a magnet and detector at the end of the wire. Plus a large wire end that I have no idea where it goes to.

There is a small USB port, and mabe something on the bottom. I need a wiring diagram....or something.

May want to include a picture, or a link to what you purchased, or an order#

Comment

OK I figured out how to up load the images....but will I be able to resisze them?

I don't have the order number, but it must be on Luna's computer....it was the first order I sent in.

I looked at this when I got it but I did not have time to think about it. Now I would say it simply cannot be an amp-hour fuel gauge. Note the label on the package.

But what does the two thicker wires go into? Not that I really want an odometer/ speedometer. But it looks like I am stuck with it. If some one could show me how to rig it to the controller, or battery I could use it. I do not want to return it.
      Last edited by jawnn; 09-06-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

The battman? Yes it is a programmable fuel gauge and does a bunch of other stuff as well like speed if you want. The wire you are asking about is a shunt. That's how it measures power usage.

Check the listing there's a ton of documentation.

https://lunacycle.com/gauges/batt-ma...ur-fuel-gauge/

Comment

OK I plugged it into my computer. And nothing came open. So soft ware. Do I have to hook up the wires with the T-90 connectors, like in the video before it will work? Do I have to connect it to the battery first?? or is just not going to work at-all, and I am screwed? help!

While plugged into my computer it was reading the amp-hours going into my computer. So something is working.

The small USB plug is slightly off center from the hole made for it so that I have to hold the plug pulled to the side to keep it on.

Is this to be connected between the battery and the controller? With all the power going through the shunt?

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
        The battman? Yes it is a programmable fuel gauge and does a bunch of other stuff as well like speed if you want. The wire you are asking about is a shunt. That's how it measures power usage.

Check the listing there's a ton of documentation.

https://lunacycle.com/gauges/batt-ma...ur-fuel-gauge/

Comment

• paxtana
          paxtana commented
          Editing a comment
          Course it will work but yeah you probably need to follow the directions...

ok then please show me some more detailed instructions. I have not seen any other than the videos. and they were not much. The instructions on the PDF shows that it should pop up. But nothing does. there is no "run" button. I do not see how to open and run the soft ware.............

Originally posted by jawnn View Post
        OK I plugged it into my computer. And nothing came open. So soft ware. Do I have to hook up the wires with the T-90 connectors, like in the video before it will work? Do I have to connect it to the battery first?? or is just not going to work at-all, and I am screwed? help!

While plugged into my computer it was reading the amp-hours going into my computer. So something is working.

The small USB plug is slightly off center from the hole made for it so that I have to hold the plug pulled to the side to keep it on.

Is this to be connected between the battery and the controller? With all the power going through the shunt?

Comment

If you are saying it does not pop up when connecting USB check that there's nothing wrong with the cable or the usb port, and that it's plugged in all the way etc.

If you have another usb cable handy that'll fit give that a shot. Same with another usb port.

Personally I would still see if it powers up using the actual power cabling rather than just via usb. And if that does not work to contact the manufacturer: support@batt-man.com

Comment

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
            If you are saying it does not pop up when connecting USB check that there's nothing wrong with the cable or the usb port, and that it's plugged in all the way etc.

If you have another usb cable handy that'll fit give that a shot. Same with another usb port.

Personally I would still see if it powers up using the actual power cabling rather than just via usb. And if that does not work to contact the manufacturer: support@batt-man.com
            ok I will buy a new cable....then hook up the big wires to the battery when I get it.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	74035

so it looks like I have to pay another $34 just for the app to run the programing soft wear for the batt-man device. what a scam. I am broke.

http://batt-man.com//#batt-man-gui
                Optimized for bicycles and electric scooters, also presents 10 diffrent data on the battery, the ideal tool for those of you who like to know everything about the bike's or electric scooter.

Comment

7zip is free: https://www.7-zip.org/

and frankly I like it much better than Winrar... and winrar only nags, you don't have to purchase it tho

Comment

ok the winwar is free...at least for a short time. I will have let every one know if it works or not. I really do not see how it will work when the device is not making it's self seen by my computer.

Comment

• AZguy
                      AZguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm sorry to hear you are having so much difficulty - I had absolutely zero challenges with my batt-man apart from stopping my procrastination and actually installing it after it sat around for a couple of months and have been exceptionally pleased with it for >3000mi. I worked with the batt-man guy and tried out some different firmware too and am even happier with it - it's a great piece of e-bike kit IMO and I've recommended it to every e-bike rider I know or have worked with...

Good luck

I finally downloaded the 7zip software. I opened the 7zip and found the BMGUI.exe file from lunacycle. But it will not open because the “file type is not supported”. Then I went back to the Winwar app with the device plugged in with one of my three new USB wires, and got a pop-up search box that said “openFileDialog2 not found”. See screenshot.

I do not see how the 7zip can possibly see a device that does not have any way to make itself seen anyhow. Please tell me exactly what you did to make the battman device work.

The manufacturer told me I can send the meter back to him so that I can hope he can fix it.... Unfortunately he lives in Israel, so sending it back will cost me a large amount of money and I have to have “papers” to get it through customs.

This is incredible that lunacycle would sell something so completely dysfunctional and then just ignore my request for a refund. And there is nothing about needing an app for the software on their web page about this device.

It Looks like I should just use it as a way over priced amp meter that does nothing but read the volts and amps, and forget the odometer. Does the watt meter still work without programing it? No it needs to know the battery size.

Originally posted by AZguy View Post
                    7zip is free: https://www.7-zip.org/

and frankly I like it much better than Winrar... and winrar only nags, you don't have to purchase it tho

Comment

• jawnn
                      jawnn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ooops I found lunacycle's email in my spam box, my bad.

It works great for everyone I've spoken with that has one so I wouldn't blame the unit... but that's just me...

You don't "need" to ever connect to it with the PC for it to work, it will work fine except for possibly speed since it needs the wheel size - this includes amp hours... I'm not sure whether the default software does just watts or if it's just Wh... the upgrade does both

The benefit of connecting past wheel size is that you can calibrate it if you like (no real need to), you can download logs, and upgrade the firmware... but you don't need to do any of this if you aren't concerned about speed...

It sounds to me that the issues aren't so much with the unit but the PC... If you'd like someone to help via a remote session on your PC I could give you a hand but you'd have to load teamviewer or join.me or provide some other remote access... and I'm not sure that cure won't be worse than the ill here... If you feel comfortable with a remote access solution I'll try and help you... Maybe look into that a bit...

To be clear, I've got no skin in this game. I'm just a happy batt-man guy... If I can help and it doesn't take too much time, happy to help...

Comment

jawnn We did not in any way ignore your emails. We stated MULTIPLE TIMES you can send it back for refund and provided return authorization in the emails. I have time-stamped emails I can screenshot if you like.

Given the threats you made in your email when asking us if you can return it we specifically asked you to send it back, take the refund and take your business elsewhere. I get that you were frustrated but threatening to "ruin our business" if we don't accept a return is not in line with our acceptable use policy, nor was it even necesaary since we never said you couldn't, even though the return policy does not cover that we would have made an exception even if you asked nicely instead of threatening.

If you can't even read the emails we sent I have a hard time believing it is a defect as opposed to user error, especially given that nobody ever has issues with batt-man working right out the box. But in any case we did offer refund. We neither want your money or your business and if you keep making stuff up about what we said on Support we don't want you as a forum member either.

Comment

• jawnn
                        jawnn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry guys I found your emails in my spam box, I should have looked in there before. I must have accidently put you on the spam list. Now how do I undo that? I get too much spam mail and the computer screens are so jumpy that accedents happen.

I hope that you realize that I was refering to your possible lack of record keeping when I said that you could go out of business. But after all I should have reserved that untill I knew for sure that you did not keep a record of my perchases.

I will just use it as an amp meter. you could send the emails to me again to see if my email is working.....it may not be...

to return it to Israel I would need permits from two ministries, so that is very unlikely to happen.
                        Last edited by jawnn; 4 days ago.

• paxtana
                        paxtana commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ah a misunderstanding then, fair enough. Well if you change your mind and want a refund feel free to ship it to us with the instructions in the email and we will take care of it.
                    Working...
                    X