Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amp-hour fuel guage or odometer? (from lunacycles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paxtana
    replied
    If you are saying it does not pop up when connecting USB check that there's nothing wrong with the cable or the usb port, and that it's plugged in all the way etc.

If you have another usb cable handy that'll fit give that a shot. Same with another usb port.

Personally I would still see if it powers up using the actual power cabling rather than just via usb. And if that does not work to contact the manufacturer: support@batt-man.com

Leave a comment:

• jawnn
    replied
    ok then please show me some more detailed instructions. I have not seen any other than the videos. and they were not much. The instructions on the PDF shows that it should pop up. But nothing does. there is no "run" button. I do not see how to open and run the soft ware.............

Originally posted by jawnn View Post
    OK I plugged it into my computer. And nothing came open. So soft ware. Do I have to hook up the wires with the T-90 connectors, like in the video before it will work? Do I have to connect it to the battery first?? or is just not going to work at-all, and I am screwed? help!

While plugged into my computer it was reading the amp-hours going into my computer. So something is working.

The small USB plug is slightly off center from the hole made for it so that I have to hold the plug pulled to the side to keep it on.

Is this to be connected between the battery and the controller? With all the power going through the shunt?

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    commented on 's reply
    Course it will work but yeah you probably need to follow the directions...

• jawnn
    replied
    OK I plugged it into my computer. And nothing came open. So soft ware. Do I have to hook up the wires with the T-90 connectors, like in the video before it will work? Do I have to connect it to the battery first?? or is just not going to work at-all, and I am screwed? help!

While plugged into my computer it was reading the amp-hours going into my computer. So something is working.

The small USB plug is slightly off center from the hole made for it so that I have to hold the plug pulled to the side to keep it on.

Is this to be connected between the battery and the controller? With all the power going through the shunt?

Originally posted by paxtana View Post
    The battman? Yes it is a programmable fuel gauge and does a bunch of other stuff as well like speed if you want. The wire you are asking about is a shunt. That's how it measures power usage.

Check the listing there's a ton of documentation.

https://lunacycle.com/gauges/batt-ma...ur-fuel-gauge/

Leave a comment:

• jawnn
    commented on 's reply
    thanks that helps a lot http://electricbike.com/manuals/luna...man-manual.pdf

• paxtana
    replied
    The battman? Yes it is a programmable fuel gauge and does a bunch of other stuff as well like speed if you want. The wire you are asking about is a shunt. That's how it measures power usage.

Check the listing there's a ton of documentation.

https://lunacycle.com/gauges/batt-ma...ur-fuel-gauge/

Leave a comment:

• jawnn
    replied
    OK I figured out how to up load the images....but will I be able to resisze them?

I don't have the order number, but it must be on Luna's computer....it was the first order I sent in.

I looked at this when I got it but I did not have time to think about it. Now I would say it simply cannot be an amp-hour fuel gauge. Note the label on the package.

But what does the two thicker wires go into? Not that I really want an odometer/ speedometer. But it looks like I am stuck with it. If some one could show me how to rig it to the controller, or battery I could use it. I do not want to return it.
    Last edited by jawnn; 09-06-2018, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• paxtana
    replied
    May want to include a picture, or a link to what you purchased, or an order#

Leave a comment:

• jawnn
    started a topic Amp-hour fuel guage or odometer? (from lunacycles)

Amp-hour fuel guage or odometer? (from lunacycles)

I bought the cyclone kit last may , and am just now about to build the stuff onto my bike. So I opened the package of the fuel-gauge, and it looks like a odometer, I don't see any way to attach it to the battery. It has a magnet and detector at the end of the wire. Plus a large wire end that I have no idea where it goes to.

There is a small USB port, and mabe something on the bottom. I need a wiring diagram....or something.

Working...
X