Wiring Wolf Pup packs in parallel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Wolf Pup packs in parallel

Hi all, I just ordered a BBSHD kit to do my first build with the Wolf Pup battery. If I end up needing a second Wolf Pup, is there any reason I can’t wire them together in parallel? My thought was just to get the 3 XT90 pigtails and basically make my own splitter. I’d wire together 2 with male adapters and 1 with female. Then I could just plug the 2 males into the females coming from each Wolf Pup, and then the female from the splitter to the motor. Any issue with doing this? Also, would I need to do the same thing with the connectors for the charger and then need to charge them together?

My bike is going to be used strictly for a hunting bike. I picked up a Framed Wolftrax on clearance from a local store. Due to being short, I went with a 17” frame. The downside is this limits my space for a battery significantly. The only pack I could accommodate in the triangle is the Wolf Pup. I don’t plan on needing it to cover a long distance for my purpose, but I’m still concerned it may be insufficient since I ordered my kit with the hot rod programming and I also don’t want to drain it’s capacity regularly which I understand is bad for the overall life of the battery. So depending on how it works out, I was considering putting one Wolf Pup inside the triangle, and then a second one on the bottom of the down tube. I know this is not as economical as just buying a Wolf pack, but my frame just won’t accommodate a large pack anywhere.

Luna sells this.. https://lunacycle.com/xt90-parallel-...teries-as-one/

Comment

Originally posted by jaymz77 View Post
      Perfect, thanks! What about charging them? Do I need to charge them together in parallel as well, or should I charge them individually?

Comment

I would recommend charging them separately. I have read the risk goes up quite a bit, although some have setup to charge together.

Comment

Working...
        X