Modular Battery for travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modular Battery for travel

Hey Guys. I've recently built a modular ebike battery so I can travel within the allowable air travel limits. My battery consists of 5 modules which lock together like lego blocks then slide inside the existing battery case. I opted not to use a BMS as this would create assembly problems given the space available. So after successfully completing the battery and confirming correct voltage when the battery is installed the bike will not power on. The only thing I can think of is related to me not connecting the BMS and the Shimano Steps 8000 motor needing some info from it in order to Power up.

I've attached a pic of the BMS ports. I can account for C- & C+ as charging ports. The NTC goes to the charger socket, no idea why? Then that leaves TX RX? The other port is for the electronic switch SW RX TX.

Has anybody had a similar experience? This falls well above my pay grade.

I dont have a Shimano Steps 8000. But most BMS is just for the battery it self. But I know some controller displays will show the voltage in the series of the battery, so it it getting the info from the BMS.

Comment

Working...
    X