Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I swap a 48v 25A Bms for a 48v 30A Bms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I swap a 48v 25A Bms for a 48v 30A Bms?

I just put a 1000w motor onto my bike, my previous motor was a 750w, now my battery cuts out to early, and only shows half charge when it is full. It looks like my Battery wont put out the power that the new motor needs. I cant afford a new battery and need to know if I can Swap the BMS in my battery to suit the motor?

Swap should be OK if new BMS has same voltage as old BMS.

Do you know what you are getting into before you start?
    13S BMS for 48v system has 14 voltage sense wires in addition to the power connections.

Half charge problem might be fixed with the new BMS. It might be a bad connection at one of the cells. It's hard to tell without more details.

Comment

I sent the motor and my battery back, Apparantly the problem is that they sent me a 52v BBSHD motor and my Battery is only 48v. They've changed the controller and are sending it back, hopefully the problem will be fixed

Comment

Now that PIREZ have seen that they sent me a 52v motor instead of a 48v they said they have fixed the problem but now I have another problem...
        How do I get them to return my items?
        They were supposed to send them back last week, then on Monday they said they will send it Express Post a few hrs later I got a tracking number.
        Expecting it to arrive today Express Post, I checked the tracking number and they haven't even sent it yet

Comment

Working...
        X