Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

luna wolf 52v w/ samsung 30Q cells dying already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luna wolf 52v w/ samsung 30Q cells dying already?

was psyched about making my first build in july 2020 and got BBS02 and luna wolf 52V w/ samsung 30Q cells. was initially disappointed with range on road but was impressed when I doubled the range on the trail. all of a sudden now it consistently discharges to about 50 vdc as indicated on the display and then cuts out to zero. used trickle charger provided with kit. reading another post is there possible warranty of sorts available. or advice would be appreciated as well.

The official written warranty isn't very long or anything special but Luna does seem to really stand by products they sell. Things like this they handle on a case by case basis so you need to go to the store site and start a support ticket. Before you go to the ticket section log into the site and look up your original order number. The ticket process will ask for that number. Sounds like yours is a similar vintage to mine and there was a sticker on the bottom of the battery that I assume is some sort of serial number or date code which I also included in the ticket email. They will then contact you and likely ask for more details and further testing. When they have all the info they will likely offer you something.

I'm still in the process with mine, waiting on me to complete my part of the testing, not on them but if it all goes the way it looks I think I will come out more than satisfied considering officially its out of warranty. Makes me feel better about spending the extra money with them vs something that on paper was the same spec from someone else. Someone else would not likely have even responded to an email and if they did you would likely end up with another defective hunk of junk. At least I know Luna has a solid design, I have another older wolf pack that is going strong and this site has a lot more success stories about the wolves than issues so what must have happened here is one of their vendors must have sent them some stuff that wasn't quite up to spec.

I started a tread here on mine originally because I thought maybe I had done something wrong and wanted to make sure my symptoms and testing was making sense. At times I was second guessing myself as to if I actually had a problem or not. With multiple bikes and packs I wasn't sure how low I had tried to take that pack before so I wanted to be sure it wasn't a flaw in my use or testing.

Comment

thanks eldo, I've started at ticket on the wolfpac while riding around with a panasonic 17ah triangle battery that works great. however I now seem to be plagued with controller issues. lost one at 550 miles and a second one with only 130 miles, and not hard ones. less than one year and 750 miles into my e-bike adventure, i've lost 2 controllers and one battery....very discouraged....any suggestions?
      I had ordered spare parts for my BBS02 and a bare bones BBSHD to build an adventure bike and now unsure of my choices.

Comment

Any update on the dying wolf?
        I’m very curious to know if the 30q cells are the issue, or the fuses, or the BMS, my money is on the BMS

Comment

Working...
        X