Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

52v cuts out measures 3v, until I charge for 1 second, then functions normally again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52v cuts out measures 3v, until I charge for 1 second, then functions normally again

As the title says, my battery decides to cutoff at random times, and measures 3v if I charge for 1 second it will function as normal and go back to 56v etc, its definitely not the controller because there is no smart connection between the econtroller and the battery, so its the BMS, has anyone experienced this problem and how I should I Diagnose it it?
    Last edited by Romadon; 05-16-2021, 01:06 PM.

It sounds like your BMS is shutting down. Now you have to figure out why. How sealed up is your pack? If its super sealed about all you could do is try a few nice steady gentle discharge then charge to 100% cycles while monitoring voltage on the hopes that its just a balance issue that you can fix. If its not really sealed I would poke around and measure the voltage at the BMS leads to see if its one group or perhaps a connection issue causing it to think the whole pack is low.

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
      It sounds like your BMS is shutting down. Now you have to figure out why. How sealed up is your pack? If its super sealed about all you could do is try a few nice steady gentle discharge then charge to 100% cycles while monitoring voltage on the hopes that its just a balance issue that you can fix. If its not really sealed I would poke around and measure the voltage at the BMS leads to see if its one group or perhaps a connection issue causing it to think the whole pack is low.
      The battery was sealed but I had to take it apart, all rows measured correctly with close tolerences to eachother at the bms header, so im guessing something was broke inside the bms, anyway, I have bypassed the bms for drain, and will just use it fot chstge only now, thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X