Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to safely discharge a Wolfpack *without* a motor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to safely discharge a Wolfpack *without* a motor?!

So I'm in the odd situation where I bought a battery and not a motor. It's a 52v 13ah Luna Wolf. The reason is because the guy I bought the battery from kept his bike and upgraded to a way bigger pack. He only ran this pack for maybe 100mi.

So now it sits on my shelf at 56.6v as measured with my voltmeter. It'll be a few weeks until my BBSHD kit arrives. Normally on my hub bikes, I'd just go ride up a few steep hills. Can I do something clever like run an LED with a resistor on it to burn down voltage to ~50% to prolong the life of the pack?

Thanks!

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey View Post
    So I'm in the odd situation where I bought a battery and not a motor. It's a 52v 13ah Luna Wolf. The reason is because the guy I bought the battery from kept his bike and upgraded to a way bigger pack. He only ran this pack for maybe 100mi.

So now it sits on my shelf at 56.6v as measured with my voltmeter. It'll be a few weeks until my BBSHD kit arrives. Normally on my hub bikes, I'd just go ride up a few steep hills. Can I do something clever like run an LED with a resistor on it to burn down voltage to ~50% to prolong the life of the pack?

Thanks!
    You need a much more significant load, something that can burn 100W+

Check this thread for a very inexpensive discharge load: https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...discharge-load

Comment

Working...
    X