Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble with removing a Battery Case

Hi fellow ebike enthusiasts,
    I searched the forum for help on this topic, but seems Im the first user to struggle with derby cycle battery.

Im trying to carefully remove the internal battery cells from the plastic case,
    but I am only able to pull out 1/10 out of it.
    Im not sure if its stuck or a plastic mechanism to prevent it from being opened.

Derby Cycle Model :170418006 10INR19/66-2

I would would appreciate any input or suggestions.

Thanks in advance​
    Gordon
    Click image for larger version

Name:	foto2.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	158581 Click image for larger version

Name:	foto4.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	158582
    Attached Files

Remove the sticker for the battery charge indicator leds. Pull out the 4 cylindrical plastic light guides.
    Did the charge controller board go faulty? Did you sort out the problem?

Comment

Ive just bought a Kalkhoff Berleen second hand and also thinking about battery health and the possibility of re-celling.
      Did you manage to get the cells out intact?
      If so - can you post any pointers?

Thinking about a replacement - have you found any UK suppliers? ( I am UK based )
      I have found several in Belgium, Germany etc.. but none that will ship to UK.

Did stumble across a " blacklisted URL " site in France that is allegedly selling off stock for 98euro... reduced from 397 eyuro - but despite it claiming to be secure, cannot find any reviews of the retailer and checking their address on street view - it screams " scam site " at me.

Ditto the control units...
      Any sources of kalkhoff parts you can recommend in UK?

Comment

The battery charge indicator leds' sticker should be removed. Extrapolate the four cylinder-shaped plastic light guides out. the charger board malfunctioned. Were the cells able to be extracted whole? Has the issue been resolved?​
        Last edited by hordecycle; 03-03-2024, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X