Battery hookup has 21700 robot packs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery hookup has 21700 robot packs.

Yup, at nearly 2kwhs too. Its 36 volts but it's fewer cells to cut and paste. And you can solder the nickol without getting the batteries very hot when you rearange it. It's 11p so you can slice off 4p and add them to the end for 14s. Then hook your own BMS and wrap it all up. I would use a blu tooth BMS so you can easily see what each cell is doing. They got 1200 to sell so Ill watch for reviews before I jump in. But those newer cells are way better than the 8yo stuff they been off loading. Lg cells with higher amps and the 1000 cycle recharge capacity. They are $220 for 110 cells so the price also gives me pause. That is really cheap. If I do it I would make a 5p pack and a 2p emergency pack. Then there's cells left over to replace the worst cells.

Update:
    People are doing tests on the batteries so only a few details so far. But there is a blob of rock hard epoxy on the ends of each cell. A blob, rather than a a major encasing. Not so good if the intent is individual cells. But not so bad if just cutting and slicing chunks to make a workable pack. The tabs can be soldered so the glue is not such a big deal. I'm waiting for actual charge capacity numbers to come out.
    Last edited by stts; 1 week ago.
Working...
X