Battery Not Charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Not Charging

when i got home i put my battery (52v 11ah bottle pack) on my desk with 56.5v in it, after a quick snack i hook it up back to the bike for a spin but the bike won't turn on.
    • multimeter my battery all of a sudden it drops to 52.4v
    • i'm so clueless so I check for any unusual stuff like chipped out pieces inside the battery, dents' cracks, burn marks & smell etc. - for some reason i'm getting voltage reading even the battery is switched off, before it doesn't do that but now on or off i'm getting voltage readout same value 52.4v
    • charge the battery but fail: battery won't charge even if i switch the charger to 80% or 100% mode still it wont charge
    • watched and perform jumpstart battery video: fail, charger stayed on green and didn't charge
    • open the battery check for damaged wiring: so far everything is intact and cables are still clear from any cuts. - i noticed that there is some kinda of computer chip inside i guess that's the BMS Ebikers are talking about, can i unplug it and kinda not use it?
    well, basically that's about it, i have no tools & knowledge about electronics specially troubleshooting battery packs, hopefully someone can help me with my problem :( my only theory i that on/off switch behavior is causing it i'm not sure but im gonna leave it to you guys the pros :)

out of frustration and curiosity i fully open the pack and here is what is saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160907_231757.jpg
Views:	1121
Size:	367.0 KB
ID:	16911

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160907_232136.jpg
Views:	1048
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	16912

i need help reviving this pack :(

Comment

What is the voltage coming out the charging port?

Comment

I think you need to unplug the bms and check the health of the cells using this guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jkm0tfihe0

make sure all the cell banks are testing about even voltage....

then since you have the pack apart ..... replacing the bms should be fairly easy.

If you are sure its not the charger and not the charge port replacing the bms would be the next step.

write luna support and we will send you a bms for that pack if you want to take on replacing it.

do not run the pack without a bms...its not safe.

Comment

Working...
        X