Battery repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery repair?

I have a lungs shark 52 v 11.5 ah battery that has lost its range, over night kind of lost it. Not sure how to test it or who might be able to test and repair? Battery is about 6 months old, about 200 charges most at 80%. I have done the full charge but that hasn't changed the distance I can go. Any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Bill

You can fix it! Go to Lunacycles page and hit support and they will coach you on what to test and do to fix it. I recently had the same thing happen to a shark. The tech stayed with me, sent me a new bms when we found that it was out. I changed it myself, three solder joints and a pin connector. They will hook you up to videos and articles. Very easy and fun. I did wear gloves and glasses! as suggested. works great again. Happy Motoring E-rod

Comment

How much range did you lose or did it seem like you didn't have as much range?

Comment

Is it possible for the BMS to be damaged after a drop? I was test riding my Bafang 750 and the streets around this area are notoriously potholed. The battery dislodged itself from it's mounts, twice and after the second drop, it stopped transferring power to the motor. I plug the battery into the charger and the indicator on the battery measures a full charge. I unplug the battery, and the charge is back down to zero.
      This is one of those 13.5 AmpH shark packs with the Panasonic batteries.

On another note, is there a way to get the charger for the 52v, 24.5 AmpH battery to charge up the battery without having to let if fall below a 50v charge? A 14 mile ride will only use 4v of power and I'd like to have the battery up to full charge for the next day, as opposed to charging it every two rides.

Comment

Here is very good video about repairing 18650 battery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrG5uBQEe2M&t=32s

Comment

http://lunacycle.com/jumping-your-lu...-battery-pack/ That's a jump start to try. here's another one. ://electricbike-blog.com/2016/06/04/how-to-swap-out-a-bms-on-a-frame-pack-lickity-split/
          E-rod

Comment

Originally posted by e-rod View Post
            http://lunacycle.com/jumping-your-lu...-battery-pack/ That's a jump start to try. here's another one. ://electricbike-blog.com/2016/06/04/how-to-swap-out-a-bms-on-a-frame-pack-lickity-split/
            E-rod
            Sounds like a nice link, but it's gone now.

Comment

• calfee20
              calfee20 commented
              Editing a comment
              The link worked for me.

Originally posted by bentstrider83 View Post
            Is it possible for the BMS to be damaged after a drop? I was test riding my Bafang 750 and the streets around this area are notoriously potholed. The battery dislodged itself from it's mounts, twice and after the second drop, it stopped transferring power to the motor. I plug the battery into the charger and the indicator on the battery measures a full charge. I unplug the battery, and the charge is back down to zero.
            This is one of those 13.5 AmpH shark packs with the Panasonic batteries.

On another note, is there a way to get the charger for the 52v, 24.5 AmpH battery to charge up the battery without having to let if fall below a 50v charge? A 14 mile ride will only use 4v of power and I'd like to have the battery up to full charge for the next day, as opposed to charging it every two rides.
            Almost the same exact issue here. Have had the 52v Pansonic 13.5ah Dolphin pack for 6 months. Around 2 weeks ago I forgot to lock the battery onto the bike and had it fall off, minor scuffs on the plastic. Was able to reattach the battery and it worked fine, but since then my range has reduced tremendously. I bike to work every day, it's 1.5 miles one way. I used to be able to make it back and forth every day just on battery power if I wanted to, but now the battery is dying on my return trip in the evening. On the return trip, the motor starts stuttering and if I pull the throttle down too much the LED display will turn off and restart.

So the range has decreased to less than 3 miles. In the past when I started using the battery I could leave it for multiple days of going back and forth to work and it would not die, in fact I don't even know what the maximum range used to be because I never biked far enough to have the battery die on me before 2 weeks ago.

It has been very cold here in MA so initially when this range issue started occurring I thought it was maybe because I was leaving the battery outside in the cold weather that it was dying, but even after taking the battery inside to work with me, the same issue is occurring.

I'm currently troubleshooting with Lunacycle Support and I sent them the following video of me testing each of the terminals like they suggested I do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGY3RXyvU4
            I found that one of the terminals only gave around 3.4V and all the rest gave around 4.1V. I don't know if that is part of the issue. Note that this test was done when the batteries were fully charged.

Comment

The link worked this time. I'll have to run over to RadioSmack and see if they have plug I pull this off with. In the meantime, I'm running along just fine with my 24.5 amph on my recumbent trike in this frigid weather.

Comment

Use bacon. It can be used for on many things

Comment

Working...
                X