Show us your custom battery box here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show us your custom battery box here

Please display your custom battery cases here.

Mighty mini shock proof case with ventilation

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0041.JPG
Views:	349
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	27914

Comment

• Rodney64
      Rodney64 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for showing this idea. Which case are you using for the battery.

• jakethe5nake
      jakethe5nake commented
      Editing a comment
      hehh its just DIY foam and duct tape. Its for the mighty mini battery

This is a 48v 13s shark batteryClick image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0765.JPG
Views:	814
Size:	302.3 KB
ID:	29053

Comment

• Rodney64
      Rodney64 commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you make this bag yourself, looks well made, that's interesting using your original crank arm over the eclipse chain ring. Was there any modifications involved to get this to work.
      Last edited by Rodney64; 02-27-2017, 03:42 PM.

• oledave
      oledave commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it's not as nice as I wanted it to be, but I think it will work ok. The shark case was just a little to big to fit in the triangle on this bike. I put these crank arms back on after my pants leg got eaten by the chain on a windy day. I had to file the corners off where the five bolts are just a little, the first ride after putting these on I had a motorized fixie.

My bike has two of these: one in each pannier.

Each battery box holds a 20Ah, 72V battery. It is made entirely of aluminum.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0cd485697e197fe632ae34c11af40258.jpg Views:	2 Size:	876.5 KB ID:	29067

Click image for larger version

Name:	a61fc5498ae3ec91a7a0e6c406c29d13.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	938.4 KB
ID:	29069

Comment

I made a simple aluminum box for the mini cube that mounts to the bottom of the bottom tube of the Diamondback Catch2. I used the existing bottle cage holes on the bottom of the bottom tube as a guide to drill through the top of the bottom tube, and use a long through bolt. I cut up an old pair of my wife's elastic tights that stretch over the battery and cables held in with velcro straps. Will use a baggy between the battery and tights for water proofing when needed. I fit a "Daves Mud Shovel" front fender that attaches to the bottom tube and extends down enough to cover the front of the battery. Now if we could just get some snow.

Comment

Working...
      X