Shark Pack Damage -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shark Pack Damage -

i had this battery for about 6 months now and i feel the case is slowly breaking apart :(

Click image for larger version

Name:	shark pack damage.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	28042

on the 2nd week i lost 1 of those plastic thingy that holds the battery to the cradle and then just yesterday i lost another one, what can i do to avoid this in the future? and what can i do to fix this? thanks.

here is how my battery is mounted

Name:	BBSHD bike (1).jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	469.3 KB
ID:	28040

Name:	BBSHD bike (2).jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	28041

The same thing has happened to mine. 2 of the tabs are broken off.

Comment

Do you regularly remove the battery? if not you might be able to do what I did. For my fat bike battery it stays on the frame, plus I couldn't attach to regular bottle cage mounts, so its these rubber bungee cords

I don't lock my bike outside and its kept indoors

I actually never really trusted the bottle cage mounts and battery housing to hold up to impacts
      Click image for larger version  Name:	bungee.jpg Views:	1 Size:	220.2 KB ID:	30845

Comment

That's why I did not go with a Shark battery, because someone told me those tabs are prone to breaking. The bottle battery cradle seems much more robust.

Comment

• pcliteuser
          pcliteuser commented
          Editing a comment
          bottle battery pack was my initial pack on my kit, it only took 2 months before it gave up. now it's sitting in my house collecting dust.

• OptimusPrime
          OptimusPrime commented
          Editing a comment
          When you say it gave up, how do you mean, physically or electrically?

Haven't broken any since I started using these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Name:	IMG_3194.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	30880

Comment

Here's my quick fix. That's a thick piece of foam rubber insulation between the frame and the lower portion of the bracket and about 10 wraps of tape.
        Hopefully they can fix this design flaw.

Comment

Luna does offer replacement shark pack cases and cradles. I am also not a fan of the small plastic tabs that are prone to breaking, but changing the case is always an option.

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...t-a-shark-case

Comment

It is the slight looseness that causes the stress on the tabs and breaks them. A velcro or rubber strap will prevent tabs from breaking. So will a piece of foam between the battery and cradle to create some tension and reduce the tiny movement. If riding hardcore bumps, I use a strap on every battery setup.

Comment

• OptimusPrime
              OptimusPrime commented
              Editing a comment
              Makes perfect sense to use a strap on anything other than smooth roads and trails. Just takes an extra second to put on and provides protection and piece of mind. Those scuba straps that Skymon found are perfect!
              Last edited by OptimusPrime; 03-25-2017, 10:28 AM.
          Working...
          X