• Time
  • Show
Clear All

52v 24ah triangle pack

Does any one have the specs on this battery like how the BMS is set up
    I know it supposed to have 50 amps continuous and 70 amp burst
    But what is low and hi cut off and any and all info on the pack
    Thanx and peace be with ya dude

The LVC on the BMS is 2.75 times the number of series. Yes it is 50 amp continuous and 70 amp burst. The BMS has quick connects and wiring harness so if it ever dies you can unplug and just plug in the new one with no soldering or crimping required. It uses GA cells. This is the spec sheet https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/06...79572025043155

Comment

Paxtana U da man U are always thei,r I hope the man in the moon appreciates you and gives you a raise. So If I see this right the lco should be 38.5 volts I think the max charge is 58.8 v does this sound right and gary it would be too cool to get to see a picture of the big bad ass 72 I am green with envy

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	698.9 KB
ID:	28448 Test Day for the Big T
        Today I have been looking forward to this for quite a long time
        The weather will corporate I worked over the weekend so today I will see just how far this 52v 24ah big buck battery will go
        The test mule is a GF mountain bike with a Edge 1500w hub pumped to 2600w with a sine wave 50 amp controller
        The test chores will be a combo of hills and straights Let the good times roll

Comment

The ride went well I rode 17.3 miles when I left the luna gauge said58.8 volts when I got back it said 55.9
          so I used 2.9 volts to go 17.3 miles and the Little luna gauge I think is awesome I told me what I needed to know
          The ride was 50% Hills 50% level

Comment

C20 did you get the cheese yet
            here is something to go with your new battery https://electricrt.myshopify.com/col...pgrade-72v-40a
            cheers Billy

Comment

C20 tell us all about that new battery
              How is it doing

Comment

• calfee20
                calfee20 commented
                Editing a comment
                We have been stuck in a crappy weather pattern here for more than a week. Last Saturday I put on all of my winter riding gear just for a short ride on the path that abuts my property. There were a group of riders that are quite involved with the local bike path politics. There was a lot of interest in my bike so I did my best to be good ambassador for our group.

Today will be the first real test. I am going on a 40 mile trip on a new to me path in Rhode Island. I will report back later...........calfee

I am going to go on a 40 mile ride today also to the inner city
              we can compare notes ride safe Billy

Comment

Update: The awesome Luna mighty 52v 24ah GA triangle Battery
                Today is the day That I have been waiting for, really happened by chance I had some spare time and great weather 84 Deg.
                went for the long ride to check out the system the results
                Total distance 54.3 miles all motor no peddling
                top speed 35.6 MPH
                average speed 11.7
                when I left battery at 58.7V
                when I returned battery at 50.6
                used 8.1 V and 17.4 ah
                WH per Mile 17.1
                Pulled 50.14 max amps
                The set up performed perfect lots of hills and stop and go traffic
                This battery is the bomb and the awesome edge 2600W DD no noise no gears to shift the sine wave programmable controller is sweet also
                I think it could do better with a 24 fett set up instead of the 12 fett that I am running the controller is wasting energy in the form of heat
                cheers Billy.

Comment

Wow I am seeing a vast difference between the BBSHD and the Edge. I don't have a Cycle Analyst but I left with 58.5 and ended 50.5. So almost the same as you but I only went 40 miles and I was mostly on the flat. Did I mention that I pedaled all the way. My top speed maybe 26 on a long flat slightly down hill run. I have no idea of the average speed. That edge is getting very interesting. It is obviously much more efficient than a BBSHD.

We have similar bikes tire size wise. I have a cruiser and yours is a conventional triangle. So I would say our platforms are similar enough to be the same. I probably weigh more so my take off would consume more but I would coast further so I would call that a wash. You are making me want to build an edge setup right away. What kind of throttle do you have..............calfee

Comment

Originally posted by calfee20 View Post
                    Wow I am seeing a vast difference between the BBSHD and the Edge. I don't have a Cycle Analyst but I left with 58.5 and ended 50.5. So almost the same as you but I only went 40 miles and I was mostly on the flat. Did I mention that I pedaled all the way. My top speed maybe 26 on a long flat slightly down hill run. I have no idea of the average speed. That edge is getting very interesting. It is obviously much more efficient than a BBSHD.

We have similar bikes tire size wise. I have a cruiser and yours is a conventional triangle. So I would say our platforms are similar enough to be the same. I probably weigh more so my take off would consume more but I would coast further so I would call that a wash. You are making me want to build an edge setup right away. What kind of throttle do you have..............calfee
                    I run a full twist motorcycle style throttle
                    from what I have been told the edge is very efficient so far it seems to be I noticed that while cursing on the flats the CA says it is only pulling 75 to 125 watts
                    C20 really think about getting a CA it is a great tool it tells you everything there is no guess work
                    cheers Billy

Comment

Spinning Magnets tell us about your mighty Luna 52v 24ah GA Battery

Comment

Green Werks, I have a question concerning your soft battery back, I think I might be able to use this same pack on my frame. Would be so kind as to measure your top tube for me, I can do a comparison to my frame (Giant NRS) they seem to be pretty similar in geometry however mine does have the rear suspension to deal with but it appears the way you have the bag on your bike there would be room to clear my shock absorber if the 2 top tubes are similar length. Or the dimensions for the long side of the battery bag itself would be sufficient. Thank you so very much.(Disregard I found the dimensions on Luna website. Dave
                        Last edited by HutsonDave59@Gmail.com; 06-12-2017, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Dave that battery is awesome you will love it
                          That is a nice bike you have

Comment

Working...
                          X