Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jakethe5nake
    replied
    Cool sounds good- I built a 72v 20s10p with LG MJ1's. Now I gotta finish the bike!
    10" 4000w v3 QS motor (I've been told by QS its more like 7kw peak). http://www.qs-motor.com/product/10inch-4000w-v3-type-e-scooter-hub-motor/ Paired with 4KW-4.5KW Kelly Programmable Motor Controller(KEB72601) Peak Phase 280A Continuous Phase 110A (which I'm told at 'normal' values its 55-60a...

Leave a comment:

• peacewize
    replied
    I ended up getting the 16 p blocks for a 14s 16p 33ah setup. Built it as two identical 7s batteries with jxt-xh connectors and a series connector to connect them together using xt60 connectors and 12 gauge wiring. For some reason my balance leads act kind of funny, everything reads ok with a multimeter but my little key loggers show a difference between the cells and my imax charger wont charge because it reads the cells funky too. I had to solder extra wire to make the jxt conectors long enough and I suspect that could be my issue. I caution anyone who uses battery blocks to not over tighten them or you will crush the positive terminals which I did a little bit. Also if you are going to fuse your battery make sure the fuses/wiring are rated for the volt/amp you are running, automotive fuses wont.

Leave a comment:

• jakethe5nake
    replied
    I ordered some for a large amount recently for a pack I'm building without a BMS. Going to be building a 20s10p 72v 35ah. I went for 20pcs of the 10p blocs (they fit inside 4" fencepost sleeves from homedepot), going to have 4 stacks of 5, XT90 connectors with some series adaptors (for discharge) and parallel adaptors (for bulk charge).

Also putting JST-XH balance leads on each stack with cell loggers (LED display and low voltage alarm). I'm expecting not to have to balance that regularly, but when I do I have a JST-XH 5S parallel balance lead and will then use my iMax B6 to parallel charge the 4 stacks of 5 cells.

Leave a comment:

• peacewize
    started a topic Battery blocs, anyone use them?

Battery blocs, anyone use them?

Came across this on youtube the other day http://www.batteryblocs.com/ Seems like a great idea for people like me using recycled cells since you could easily switch them out. Just curious as to any thoughts/ experience ya'll have
Working...
X