Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever ordered a custom battery pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone ever ordered a custom battery pack?

I'm talking to CyklonEbike in Poland about a custom pack.

Sanyo NCR18650GA 3450mAh 10A/cell in a triangle pack 21s7p.

Has anyone ever done business with Cyklon? His packs on FB are really nice looking.

Well I ordered the battery! Here is an early sketch.

Comment

The work begins!

Comment

Wow,

What motor and controller will that be for?

Comment

More cowbell!

Comment

This battery is intended for a Mongoose Hitch fat bike build. The kit was from Kinaye Motorsports. Mxus 3000w V2 with lyen 12fet controller.

Comment

I don't know where you are Jack, but assume you are not in Poland.
              Have they let you know how they will be shipping the battery? Will it be coming fully assembled, or in sub assemblies for you to put together?
              The reason I ask is because I have been considering offering a battery building service but have been put off by the complexities of shipping large packs. The best option that I've come up with would be to build the pack in sub assemblies that could be shipped separately then plugged together by the buyer. This could get complicated for a custom shaped pack.
              Would it be impolite to ask how much they are charging you?

Comment

• ironjack
                ironjack commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry I haven't responded earlier.

Battery to be fully assembled my choice of charge/discharge connectors, a small volt meter, charger and priority shipping.

I got the battery yesterday, delivered in less than a month. Total spent 1205.00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery begins 2.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4737

That's a whole lot of love. I hope I can fit that on the bike. If it don't I'llI buy a new bike!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery done.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	6068

Got the battery! WOW, me go faster now!

Comment

Very nice... I like the support matrix ,looks to be very robust. Maybe I should layout a pack with the footprint of a BOB trailer platform just to see haw many Ah it would be...

Comment

Looking for a custom pack made in USA. Have a cargo bike and I am looking for something very flat and wide to go on the rear .
                    Anybody doing this on here? Please contact me directly. Looking for 52 volts and 30 to 40 amps to match my cyclone motor kit. Was going to buy the new Panasonic cells from Luna.

Comment

I did a double pack on a cargo with a switch to mov from two batteries mounted on two sides. Worked out great. Persanolly I like the two battery redundancy. One problem, one still running. We had some rectangle shaped that are perfect from my view. Even triangles work well. Other advantage of two can be weight distribution. Custom and spendy are synonyms when talking custom built.

Comment

My cargo bike does have large side bag supports at the rear wheels and a dual battery would be cool (one for each side). For now I just want a better battery to increase my range.

Comment

I continue to use a China builder with good success. Not as good a price as us but for odd stuff, not bad. It's worked for nearly two years but I never relax until the order arrives. They are out there.

Comment

I think there is definely a market for custom packs! Lunacycle had rectangle 60V 25Ah packs on their page, gone now. I msg'd the Polish guys to get an idea on pricing. Ironjack I'll have to touch base with you on the details. I want to order something in the next year or for sure less if I can.

Comment

Working...
                            X