52v Mighty Mini Cube Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

52v Mighty Mini Cube Pricing

I was very interested in the news this week of a super small pack that would be great for my local runs . The first place I heard about it was at electricbike-blog i believe, and the quoted price was an attention getting $240. I filed that away for future consideration and while browsing the Luna site came across a banner announcing it's release (seriously you cant miss it, its a giant seagull in your face) , upon checking it out was disheartened to see it priced at $320 (ok 319) still a great deal for a high quality pack that offers a value added bonus of space and weight savings. Exploring further I came across a blog entry on the Luna site also stating....

...Because this pack is small it is also our most affordable ebike battery pack costing only $240 which is amazing given it contains our highest price performance cell (Samsung 30q 18650)....

My question is was this a typo and got picked up by the other site or was the plan to retail this for $240? Just wondering what caused a 33% price bump almost immediately.
    Last edited by Bicycle365; 04-22-2016, 06:55 AM.

I see three "Mighty Mini Cube" options on the web site:
    GA cells $315
    30q cells $300
    PF cells $230
    (plus tax and shipping.)
    Last edited by skymon; 05-02-2016, 07:12 PM. Reason: Edit: Theads a week or two old. You prolly figured all this out by now...

Comment

Still to cheap! I can't believe these aren't flying off the shelf. I grabbed one just for a backup and for keeping the bike light for Sunday rides on the bike trail. Talk about a sweet stealthy battery. Great back up for when the big pack is charging an I want to make a few mile run or errand. That little extra when the ride got to long...
      Last edited by Louis; 05-02-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Yep skymon , I see those now too. When I asked it was just the one there. Now the 3 "flavors" have shown up in the same form factor including that $230 PF pack! Awesome news! I really want to get one but just maxed out the budget doing my first build (w/ 20Ah PF Triangle) . Since battery tech is getting so good , it makes sense to wait as long as possible before replacing anything so you get the best bang for the buck. Im hoping by the time I kill my brand new pack we will have 30Ah/ 2 lbs packs the size of a deck of cards ;)

Comment

Is the PF pack overheating much more quickly compared to the GA/30q versions ? Is it able to stay fairly cool with moderate loads ?

Comment

Can't answer that directly I only have a PF pack. Mine after a 30 mile ride under moderate to high load is barely warmer than the ambient. It is a 20Ah pack so I think that helps with the heat from what I understand smaller packs heat up faster.

Comment

See Karl's positive review at
              Not even a year ago I would throw my huge 12Ah 16lb LifePo4 Prismatic battery in my backpack and head out to ride in the woods for an hour or two. Although I had experimented with the ultra-light Hobby King Lipo's they simply had too many downsides to feel safe strapping one on my back…

Comment

What might be the max miles for 1 Mighty Mini for mountain biking? Is this enough for say a 15 mile ride with 2400 feet of climbing?

Comment

I have one on it's way, 30Q cells. I plan to use it mostly as a backup for my current (ha ha) 11.5 AH PF packs (2 of them). And for sure, when I know my ride will be shorter, I'll just grab it and leave the bigger one at home, especially if the airplane is involved.

Phil: I rode 2500' up a mountain side yesterday, all a constant grade up, gravel road, 6 to 10 mph with #2 assist and moderate (mostly just moving my legs around, enough to keep the PAS activated, super easy in other words) pedaling. 10 miles, and my 11.5 ah was at 50 volts and still pulling strong. I would think you could extrapolate somewhat from that the performance of a smaller battery. "Maybe" is probably the most informed answer to your question, and, "depends." But when it weighs 3 lbs., I can work around the reduced range.

Comment

CPG Thanks for this. Im curious, what battery pack did you buy (11.5 AH PF packs). Because my existing Mtn Bike (Intense 5.5 EVP) wont fit the existing Shark design batteries, I was hoping for a few of the cube types. But Gary from Lunacycle got back to me and said "No it is not. High amp high-voltage systems use up power very quickly, especially climbing, and that is our smallest pack.

Comment

Working...
                    X