Custom battery build question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom battery build question

I have a Specialized downhill bike I converted to electric a year or so ago. I would like to build a custom battery pack to fit into the smaller triangle in the frame. I would like to do a 14s3p pack using Samsung 30Q cells. I made a mock up in photoshop of the layout and would like to have my work double checked. I'm shooting for a 52v 9ah battery pack. Attached is a drawing of my rendering. The light gray strips are the parallel connections and the darker grey strips are the series connections. Are my connections correct?

Originally posted by Cornhusker View Post
    I have a Specialized downhill bike I converted to electric a year or so ago. I would like to build a custom battery pack to fit into the smaller triangle in the frame. I would like to do a 14s3p pack using Samsung 30Q cells. I made a mock up in photoshop of the layout and would like to have my work double checked. I'm shooting for a 52v 9ah battery pack. Attached is a drawing of my rendering. The light gray strips are the parallel connections and the darker grey strips are the series connections. Are my connections correct?
    I don't know about your connections but packing your batteries together so you can use stencils or hot glue to hold them together can be a big help. This website allows you to enter the dimensions of the space you have and get the layout of the maximum number of cells or you can specify how many cells you want to use. http://e4bike.ru/page/battery-shape-...urator?lang=en

Comment

Thank you!! I will definitely do that!! I recently picked up a book on building battery packs and have been watching as many videos as I can find. I'd like to mess around with it on paper first until I get all the connections right and understand them. Just learning more from last night reading the book and watching videos, my battery pack above is a complete short circuit (too many series connections) and also not enough cell to cell connections, doh!! I took a second stab at it and I think I have it configured right this time but would love for someone in the know to have a look at it to check if it is correct. The green lines are jumper wires and the long, built up grey lines are the pyramid stacked bus bars to connect those cells.

Comment

Working...
      X