battery stopped working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery stopped working

hi i need help my battery 48v 21ah silverfish style yesterday before i went to sleep i put it to charge on my 48v 2ah charger today it shows green on charger meaning full and on the led indicator on top of the battery there is 3 leds which also means full so i put it in my e bike and its not working i checked diffrent battery it works so its not my bike i checked only with diffrent controller and lcd display it dosnt work so i went to e bike store they were sloppy and just looked at it for 1 min and told me its dead 0 volt on the meter but the battery shows 3 on top and my key switch is working when its off it dosnt show the level of battery on the led indicator and when i switch to on it does so the battery cant be dead its 6 month old i need help guys i have no idea what to do...

Originally posted by api1243 View Post
    hi i need help my battery 48v 21ah silverfish style yesterday before i went to sleep i put it to charge on my 48v 2ah charger today it shows green on charger meaning full and on the led indicator on top of the battery there is 3 leds which also means full so i put it in my e bike and its not working i checked diffrent battery it works so its not my bike i checked only with diffrent controller and lcd display it dosnt work so i went to e bike store they were sloppy and just looked at it for 1 min and told me its dead 0 volt on the meter but the battery shows 3 on top and my key switch is working when its off it dosnt show the level of battery on the led indicator and when i switch to on it does so the battery cant be dead its 6 month old i need help guys i have no idea what to do...
    Does it have a fuse that may have blown?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post

Does it have a fuse that may have blown?
      they are not blown and i already switched to new ones..

Comment

Disassemble the battery and check the battery groups. After finding the faulty group disconnect it and look for the faulty cell or cells.

Comment

At the end of the battery it looks like there are possible 4 wiring connections. 2 positive and 2 negative. I've read where some times the two that where used went bad, so they would tie the other two in, and they where back in business. I'd be checking with a meter first. Also verifying that the key is working to get power down to there.
          See my completed Magic Pie V5 rear hub motor E-Bike build HERE.

Comment

i just got my multimeter and ill check for signs of fault i will update and for tommycat the 4 wires under its on my other battery does have 4 and this one have 2 when i put my 4 cable battery to my ebike with 2 connectors i need to switch their places positive to negetive and negetive to positive for the 4 wires to work so if i do 4 cables on my 21ah i will see that result after i am done checking cells

Comment

i fixed it fault cell right at the top ty guys

Comment

Working...
              X