13.5 aH Shark...17,700maH?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13.5 aH Shark...17,700maH?

I have a 13.5 aH shark battery (52v) that shows up with 17,700 maH as rated capacity. What am I missing in the math? I though it would be around 13500. I don't have a screenshot of my BMS handy, I can get it on the ride home this afternoon.

Thanks,

Marc

Aha, now I think I have it. Having killed my battery today commuting to work and back. My "empty" reads 5826 mAH and 45.4V.

Capacity-nominal~=working capacity (give or take). wish I had more phone juice so I could watch my BMS instead of the not so helpful Bafang power meter. "3 bars...ooops, sorry." Time to go to PAS 0 and pedal this 43 lb pig home. I'm glad I kept it light. I wouldn't want to haul home an 80 lb beast. There's this climb at the end of my ride...

At least now I have my working ranges staked out for BMS observation. I guess I tried to milk too much out of my battery. I have a 44 mi RT, with 2k of vertical and I push for speed pretty hard. I need to either economize better or get a charger for the office.

Comment

LOL, it is worth the 2.5 extra pounds to bring your charger with you! Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2
Size:	363.5 KB
ID:	86291

Comment

So you were able to get over 40 mi from your 48V 13.5 Ah battery?

Comment

Realistically, no, though I'm pushing at pas level 8-9 75% of the time. I'm at about 38 miles on my commute. Yes I'll be bringing my charger and eventually putting a spare at work

Comment

For your first post, here's a screenshot of my 35E cell, 14-series, 5-parallel, 52 volt, 17AH rated battery for comparison:

What does the case look like, and do you know the cell count?
            2nd build, 2018 Crust Scapegoat, BBS02 or BBSHD, Rohloff IGH
            3rd build, 2018 Crust Evasion step-thru, BBS02, Shimano Nexus INTER-3 IGH
            4th build, 2016 Salsa Marrakesh flatbar frameset, BBSHD, Alfine 8 IGH

Visit the forum knowledge base

Comment

Working...
            X