Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luna wolf quick disconnect from controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luna wolf quick disconnect from controller?

I just mounted my new Luna wolf on my TrioBike Cargo bakfietz and love it. The bike is currently built with a bafang rear hub motor and controller. I commute on this bike to work. At work I want to be able to remove the battery to charge in my office. Are there any pointers or threads associated with quick removal of the xt-60 or xt-90 connection? Or do I have to pull off the battery off the magnetic mount and pull the power connector each time? Kind of a pain so looking for “quick disconnect” type solutions. Thanks!
    Last edited by Motkaf; 01-10-2020, 10:28 PM.

Currently using xt-60 but will change to xt-90 soon to avoid the sparking

Comment

Maybe a rosenberger would work.

Incidentally, if you have the connectors low to the ground like that water can get into them fairly easily. Not great for the connectors or the pcb behind it. We will be sending out upgrade kits to Wolf customers to enhance water resistance at this point in the near future, it's a bit of conformal coating.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response. i've got 12K miles with connectors that low to the ground and haven't dealt with any water issues. still thinking of some way to quick disconnect. i think i'll probably need to recharge at work, so that means pulling battery off the bike every time. the disconnet of the XT60 from the battery can get compromized with all that pulling and tugging. will see how the XT90 holds up.

Comment

Was not trying to be critical my friend, I am pointing out a weakness in the pack design unrelated to your build. Maybe not even a weakness per se since it is by default better than shark, but we want this battery to be the best of the best.

While the batteries themselves are very solid, connectors are the weak point on any battery.

​​​​​I do not know if you are in a region that has road de-icer on the ground but it is currently winter, and we have seen a couple instances which have made us re-evaluate this sort of usage, especially around snow (which may or may not contain saltwater depending on your climate). So as a precaution we are sending out kits at considerable expense to Wolf buyers. I would recommend to use it because there is no downside, only increased safety and better durability.

Comment

• Buccho
            Buccho commented
            Editing a comment
            Paxtana

I'll be receiving the V2 Wolf battery tomorrow. Will it include the Winter Kit? If not should I give someone at Luna Cycle a friendly reminder, or will the Winter Kit automatically be sent to me in the future? Lot's of rock salt where I ride. I spray my bike down often to remove the salt buildup. I purchased the V2 Wolf specifically because of the difficulty of water proofing. TKS.

I do not know if you are in a region that has road de-icer on the ground but it is currently winter, and we have seen a couple instances which have made us re-evaluate this sort of usage, especially around snow (which may or may not contain saltwater depending on your climate). So as a precaution we are sending out kits at considerable expense to Wolf buyers. I would recommend to use it because there is no downside, only increased safety and better durability.

• paxtana
            paxtana commented
            Editing a comment
            All wolf packs past the point of when I made that comment already have the upgrade

Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X