Modify 16s to 15s BMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modify 16s to 15s BMS?

I am building a 15s battery and was wondering if anyone knows if I can modify a 16s bms to work with my 15s build? I am finding it difficult to find an economical 15s bms.

Yes. It's not even a matter of modifying--so much as just following the wiring instructions for your BMS, and in so doing, getting your connections right. You could use any BMS (whose output matches your battery's properties). You could even use one designed for up to 20p--and you'll be just fine.

Best of luck!

tklop

Comment

I didn't buy one yet, but the last one I got (13s) didn't come with instructions. A 16s comes with 17 wires, which wire do I not connect?

Comment

What I suggest, before you try to connect anything... Before you order anything more--before you spend any more money--take some time reading what is posted here:

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum...ter-repository

Best of luck!

tklop

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

• tklop
            tklop commented
            Editing a comment
            There's a ton of great info there. If you can--try to order a BMS with some instructions (last one I bought--the vendor sent me a link to a YouTube video for the connection / operation instructions).

But whether or not any connection/operation instructions are available from your BMS vendor, the guidance at that link will definitely be your best friend!

Take care, and best of luck!

tklop
        Working...
        X