Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to make my 60v battery usable for my 48v BBSHD, over the winter i may need it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make my 60v battery usable for my 48v BBSHD, over the winter i may need it

is there any converter that makes my plan work?

and would some one please link me some solide videos of how to learn the basic of building your own battery from scratch

Best regards Simon Thrane

The BBSHD's are said to be good for 60v. Do you know what a full charge on your 60v pack is? Depends on who named it and how far you charge it, maybe its really only 60? If its got 2 more groups than a 52 (or 3 than a 48) it may not be safe. Some say 52 is pushing it for the current stock controller but running them with 52's seems to be pretty popular. I think the Luna Ludicrous controller may be able to do 72v if your pack can deliver the amps?

Comment

Originally posted by 73Eldo View Post
      Do you know what a full charge on your 60v pack is?
      ... or, do you know the layout of the pack - how many cells in series?

For example, a 48 volt pack has 13 cells in series, 52 volt pack has 14, and a 60 volt pack has 16 cells in series.

For pack planning and building, here's an introductory write-up.

BBSHD/BBS02B builds: IGH 1 2 3 4 5 6

Comment

You can't use a 60v battery for a 48v motor. The max cutoff is 60v. Thats why having a 52v (14 cell) fully charged battery would be at 58.8v. Every cell you add to the 14c adds 4.2v. You could use a battery with 60v but you wouldn't be able to fully charge it.

Comment

As long as your controller can handle 60v your motor should be fine. I have a 48v rear hub motor and I run a 15s (61.5v charged) battery.

Comment

Working...
          X