Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me find an After Market Battery that I can strap to the bike

Hi All,

My eBike Italjet Diablone battery is too expensive, I tried making my own with 18650 batteries and was unsuccessful (I don't want to try again).

Could someone please help me find an After Market Battery that I can strap to the bike (on a basket) and wired it to the bike?

Specs:
    Battery & charger: Removable 36V 17.3Ah 622Wh lithium ion & 42V 3A, 4 hour charge time from empty.

Thank you All.
    Attached Files

I'm assuming the controller is in the box behind the seat tube so the battery box is just a battery and can be removed? IF so then it looks like they typical 'shark' packs would fit on that frame unless its a lot smaller than it looks in the photos. Are there more than 2 wires leaving that pack?

Comment

Yes.

2 wires go to the ignition key and 2 to the charger.

Comment

Do you think this would work (see picture)?

Comment

That is a 48V battery. According to your note, you want a 36V battery. 48V may or may not work depending on controller tolerance.

As an aside, if that were my bike, I would look hard for an alternative that retains the beautiful design rather than hang something in a basket somewhere.

Comment

That’s true 36volts.

Comment

The Controller is 36Vx250W, 5-steps, magnetic sensor, alloy case.

Comment

What battery can I order and strap it to the bike?

Comment

Contacted battery shark.com and they said they don’t have such battery.

Any advice from this forum??

Comment

Originally posted by ario9761 View Post
                    Contacted battery shark.com and they said they don’t have such battery.

Any advice from this forum??
                    Are you looking for a battery to replace the one that you show in the enclosure? Or an additional battery to use along with that one to get more range?

1. If it's to be a replacement measure the physical dimensions of that rectangular battery wrapped in the blue shrink wrap and look for a 36V battery with the same or smaller dimensions so it will fit in the enclosure.

2. If it's to be an additional battery you want, any 36V that will fit in the basket or hanging case you are planning to use would work.

In either case, you will need to do some minor wiring connections - solder or other methods.

You can find the batteries on eBay or AliExpress or from other more reputable suppliers.

Comment

Original battery is bad and a replacement original was $600 last time I checked and in Italy (dealers are not even open right now in the US). There is no aftermarket that fits on the case. I tried making one with 18650 batteries and it didn’t work.

I want one that I can strap it and attach directly (wires) but at least works. I can’t find one on eBay a 36V 17.3Ah.
                      Will one with less amperage will work? I think it might be less efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by ario9761 View Post
                        Original battery is bad and a replacement original was $600 last time I checked and in Italy (dealers are not even open right now in the US). There is no aftermarket that fits on the case. I tried making one with 18650 batteries and it didn’t work.

I want one that I can strap it and attach directly (wires) but at least works. I can’t find one on eBay a 36V 17.3Ah.
                        Will one with less amperage will work? I think it might be less efficient.
                        As long as the voltage is the same 36V, (a 10s config) the battery should work as long as it can deliver the current (amps) needed by the controller/motor. If the capacity (Ah) is less, the range will be less. If more, the range will be more. It might be worth looking for something the same physical size as the current pack, even if the Ah were a bit less...just to retain the classic appearance of the bike.

Something like this would work, although there's lots of other options.
                        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

This site also shows the physical dimensions of each pack.

Comment

Fred, great info.

which battery from that website would you purchase (see picture attached).

Comment

The Controller is 36Vx250W, 5-steps, magnetic sensor, alloy case.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I was looking at the 36V 18AH 1000W(2A) battery on the website but I'm not sure what will happen since my bicycle specs say 250W?

Comment

Working...
                              X