X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by AZguy View Post
    As long as it has at least as much power as the motor/controller combination require you are fine for the most part - i.e. 250W or more is all you need and all the 36V batteries in that list have more so any of them would be "suitable"

Personally I wouldn't buy a battery on aliexpress unless I had heard from plenty of other folks I trust that the supplier had real deal quality batteries and didn't mind the - too many horror stories... But that's just me... You didn't say where you are located but if in north america I'd look for a north american supplier - they are out there
    Agree...in fact I think I may have said "You can find the batteries on eBay or AliExpress or from other more reputable suppliers". Although this vendor says they use Samsung cells - but who knows if they always tell the truth or use "alternative facts".

I guess I said it enough times, but if it were me, I would be looking very hard to be sure I couldn't find something with a form factor that would fit in the existing enclosure, so as not to spoil the existing beautiful appearance of that Italian designed bike.

Leave a comment:

• AZguy
    replied
    As long as it has at least as much power as the motor/controller combination require you are fine for the most part - i.e. 250W or more is all you need and all the 36V batteries in that list have more so any of them would be "suitable"

Personally I wouldn't buy a battery on aliexpress unless I had heard from plenty of other folks I trust that the supplier had real deal quality batteries and didn't mind the - too many horror stories... But that's just me... You didn't say where you are located but if in north america I'd look for a north american supplier - they are out there

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    I was looking at the 36V 18AH 1000W(2A) battery on the website but I'm not sure what will happen since my bicycle specs say 250W?

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    The Controller is 36Vx250W, 5-steps, magnetic sensor, alloy case.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    Fred, great info.

which battery from that website would you purchase (see picture attached).

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by ario9761 View Post
    Original battery is bad and a replacement original was $600 last time I checked and in Italy (dealers are not even open right now in the US). There is no aftermarket that fits on the case. I tried making one with 18650 batteries and it didn’t work.

I want one that I can strap it and attach directly (wires) but at least works. I can’t find one on eBay a 36V 17.3Ah.
    Will one with less amperage will work? I think it might be less efficient.
    As long as the voltage is the same 36V, (a 10s config) the battery should work as long as it can deliver the current (amps) needed by the controller/motor. If the capacity (Ah) is less, the range will be less. If more, the range will be more. It might be worth looking for something the same physical size as the current pack, even if the Ah were a bit less...just to retain the classic appearance of the bike.

Something like this would work, although there's lots of other options.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

This site also shows the physical dimensions of each pack.

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    Original battery is bad and a replacement original was $600 last time I checked and in Italy (dealers are not even open right now in the US). There is no aftermarket that fits on the case. I tried making one with 18650 batteries and it didn’t work.

I want one that I can strap it and attach directly (wires) but at least works. I can’t find one on eBay a 36V 17.3Ah.
    Will one with less amperage will work? I think it might be less efficient.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    Originally posted by ario9761 View Post
    Contacted battery shark.com and they said they don’t have such battery.

Any advice from this forum??
    Are you looking for a battery to replace the one that you show in the enclosure? Or an additional battery to use along with that one to get more range?

1. If it's to be a replacement measure the physical dimensions of that rectangular battery wrapped in the blue shrink wrap and look for a 36V battery with the same or smaller dimensions so it will fit in the enclosure.

2. If it's to be an additional battery you want, any 36V that will fit in the basket or hanging case you are planning to use would work.

In either case, you will need to do some minor wiring connections - solder or other methods.

You can find the batteries on eBay or AliExpress or from other more reputable suppliers.

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    Contacted battery shark.com and they said they don’t have such battery.

Any advice from this forum??

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    What battery can I order and strap it to the bike?

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    The Controller is 36Vx250W, 5-steps, magnetic sensor, alloy case.

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    That’s true 36volts.

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    That is a 48V battery. According to your note, you want a 36V battery. 48V may or may not work depending on controller tolerance.

As an aside, if that were my bike, I would look hard for an alternative that retains the beautiful design rather than hang something in a basket somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    Do you think this would work (see picture)?

Leave a comment:

• ario9761
    replied
    Yes.

2 wires go to the ignition key and 2 to the charger.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X