No announcement yet.

The Manhattan Project. All Wrapped Up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Manhattan Project. All Wrapped Up.

After a few trials and tribulations and pretty extensive testing (like dropping it on the floor numerous times trying to get something to short out, which it did and required a little rework) if nothing else it's been a good learning experience before I drop $XXX.XX on quality cells. All I need now is a bike and a motor. lol these will be coming soon. I'm not sure how this will perform under big off-road loads, toting my big ass over Hill and Gully but I believe it will make a good girl friend bike battery. The flow through cooling fan set up draws a good flow of air through the battery so I intend to incorporate a like but somewhat more refined set up on my next build. Overall pretty happy with it.

Awesome man what are the specs on that battery is it a fat man or a little boy

Comment

• Giant Rider
      Giant Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      I am going to have to call this one little boy, he's about a 1 Meggatoner or so.

Looks good.

.......and it's "wrapped", raped is something completely different........

Comment

• Giant Rider
      Giant Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      Epyon, According to my speech recognition program it is definitely Raped .LOL You are correct sir, Wrapped it is!!! That said... I am pretty sure that it spells better than I do. :-)

Ok I'll bite
    why did you attach a fan to a battery?

Comment

• Giant Rider
      Giant Rider commented
      Editing a comment
      It's a basic rule of electronics. Under heavy amperage draw these batteries will get hot, electrical components that are kept cool or at least not allowed to over heat operate more efficiently and will have a increased lifespan. And... Because Tesla said so! They actually water cool their cells.
Working...
X