Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

48v lead acid in parallel with 48v li-ion pack

hello

I do have an electric bike with 48V 24ah lead acid batteries and inboard charger. Especialy in the cold the range is too bad. Im thinking of built on the bike a standard 48v 17aH li-ion pack to improve range but also to easy charge the seperate l-ion pack in house. Because instrumentation, inboard charger, controls of the bike is based on the lead acid batteries i dont like to get all out because a lot will not work. To make an inboard l-ion charger and connect to the standard controls is for me impossible to do.

the cutt of voltage of the 48v lead acid is higher that the cutoff voltage of the li-ion battery. Max charge voltage will be little higher and 100% charged stat of lea-acid will be little hihher i think but as in standard in the li-ion batterynthere will be a BMS built in so i dint know if it will be a problem when connect then48v lead acid and 48 v li-ion inparallel.

i like to hear opinion and what i look over to prevent problems.

thanks

Wilfried

I would not connect lead-acid and li-ion batteries in parallel. Could pose a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by D.808 View Post
      I would not connect lead-acid and li-ion batteries in parallel. Would pose a problem.
      ...fixed..... =]

Comment

Working...
      X