X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.808
    started a topic 14s8p using 18650 batteries

14s8p using 18650 batteries

I'm thinking about making 3 packs and no BMS. The packs would be 5s,5s, and 4s. I would use my balance charger to charge them. Would 10gauge wire be enough to link the packs up? Should I spend the money on a 8s charger and make two 7s packs. Alright, after some researching I think it might be safer to go with 3 4s8p packs. I'm thinking 5s (60v) might burn out something.
    Last edited by D.808; 12-05-2018, 08:05 PM.

• headrc
    replied
    Ok ...now I understand why you asked about that 5s,5s and 4s originally. I think you will be much happier with two 7S in series that you can balance charge with that new charger.

Leave a comment:

• D.808
    replied
    My charger only did 6S (generic $20 charger). But I just got a 8S charger a little while back from banggood.com, Extreme 8S charger (under $60). If I ever build some packs I can do up to 8S now.

Leave a comment:

• headrc
    replied
    I am in the camp of no BMS, but also wonder why not just make either two 7S (you can use hobby chargers with balance connectors) in series or a 14S configuration. I would like to hear why not if there is a reason.

Leave a comment:

• calfee20
    replied
    I plan on doing the same thing with dewalt 20 volt batteries and using small balancers like the drone guys. Watch this guys videos.

Yeah 10 ga will be fine.

Leave a comment:

• D.808
    replied
    Don't feel like doing the BMS thing. I made three 5s9p packs out of Samsung 30Q cells. Now I can monitor the packs manual (balance charge them myself).

Leave a comment:

• billym444
    replied
    so why not just make a 14s pack and get a bms board. or a 13s or 12s buy a bms and charger to match

Leave a comment:

Working...
X