Battery and BMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery and BMS

I have a bike that has a 52v, 19.2aH proprietory battery that is running a Mac 1100 rear hub. (Juiced). The company will not give out the specs on the BMS. The bike specs state it is Bbshd compatible. BBKT is 100mm English and BBHSD is 100mm. I have a Luna Ludicrous that is new and I would like to try it out just to see how I like it. I am thinking of putting it on my Juiced bike (piggyback) as a totally separate system. The MAC has a peak watts around 1500. The Ludicrius is around 2500. My question is: if I try the Ludicrous with the Juiced battery, what are the chances of damaging the battery with too many amps? Will it damage the battery or BMS, or will the motor just cut out at higher throttle? I will NOT run both systems at the same time with the same battery. Battery used a 2 pole XLR connector. Can it handle the amps?
    Last edited by tcombest; 01-17-2019, 03:28 AM.

Originally posted by tcombest View Post
    I have a bike that has a 52v, 19.2aH proprietory battery that is running a Mac 1100 rear hub. (Juiced). The company will not give out the specs on the BMS. The bike specs state it is Bbshd compatible. BBKT is 100mm English and BBHSD is 100mm. I have a Luna Ludicrous that is new and I would like to try it out just to see how I like it. I am thinking of putting it on my Juiced bike (piggyback) as a totally separate system. The MAC has a peak watts around 1500. The Ludicrius is around 2500. My question is: if I try the Ludicrous with the Juiced battery, what are the chances of damaging the battery with too many amps? Will it damage the battery or BMS, or will the motor just cut out at higher throttle? I will NOT run both systems at the same time with the same battery. Battery used a 2 pole XLR connector. Can it handle the amps?
    Luna's 52 volt 24 amp triangle is a 14s7p battery. 14 in series 7 parallel . If you do the math probably have a 14s6p. Luna's GA battery can do 70 amp bursts. If you have any kind of decent chemistry in your cells your battery should do 50 amp bursts. Monitor it while you use it if the voltage sags to much don't push it that far.

Comment

• tcombest
      tcombest commented
      Editing a comment
      Their specs state 84 cells, 14S5P, 995 Watt-hours, (LG, Samsumg, or Panasonic cells). Thanks for your reply.
Working...
X