Hot weather and LiPo batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot weather and LiPo batteries

last summer I parked my Ebike outside the local mall for a few minutes in the hot sun. When I returned, my speedometer display was blank and I wondered if the battery for the bike might be in jeopardy also, especially since it is black (why are so many battery cases black?). You guys in really hot places like the desert southwest might have some ideas here. The . Maybe battery boxes could be painted white or something very
    light in color to reduce solar gain in the battery housing. I’m thinking on an ebent the battery would be better protected from the sun by mounting it under the seat. Maybe we should put little carports around the battery in hot weather. (There’s snow on the ground here in mid-Missouri this morning but I know summer will return someday.)

Whites better than black but if you do something for cooling like that and can stand it, chrome is the way to go. reflect that shit right back to the sun haha

Comment

My latest plan is to hang my battery off the side of the frame under the seat so there should be some shading most of the time.

Comment

Working...
      X